Buffalo, NY | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 06/05/2017 Job ID: 808-G11-H Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Job Requirement Business Analyst – 23931
- Must have prior banking experience and a MINIMUM of 7 years Business Systems Analyst experience in a technology department.
- Functional Spec and test script writing experience is required.
- UAT and CERT testing experience is required
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Act as functional and / or IT lead on medium projects and / or as a support role on large projects.
- Meet and discuss requested changes with business client ensuring a thorough understanding of specifications.
- Review with technical team to ensure understanding of project requirements.
- Participate in design discussions and document/deliver functional specifications.
- Review and revise specifications with client until agreement and signoff are completed.
- Responsible for coordinating estimates for medium projects and performing estimates for assigned component on large projects.
- Facilitate / provide estimates after business requirements and functional phases while establishing time lines and project phases.
- Participate and provide feedback with clients regarding business requirements.
- Act as a representative for the applicable application, functional lead, or other IT lead for supported project.
- Works with the vendor for a thorough understanding of the project functionality and provides insight on implementation.
- Participate in and documenting data mapping for integration of systems, conversion, and acquisition related projects.
- Facilitate or when applicable work with QAT to prepare test plan and test scripts based on functional specifications.
- Manage and / or execute test scripts verifying changes / enhancements work and perform as required.
- Act as functional or IT lead with other project team members in regards to other systems that impact project.
- Schedule and facilitate project team meetings as applicable.
- Consistently monitor scope of project to ensure the project stays within scope and meets Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Ensure that SDM (Software Development Methodology)/ PMM (Project Management Methodology) process and documentation is followed.
- Responsible for ensuring any issues that arise from testing or implementation are escalated and resolved appropriately in an efficient and timely manner. Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented and reported as required.
- Coordinate and manage the post implementation process to include but not limited to follow-up, feedback, problem resolution and also a post implementation debrief including an actual to plan for timeframe and financials.
- When applicable work in conjunction with QAT to establish an integrated testing schedule with applicable application and facilitate project status meetings.
- Document and distribute meeting materials and responsible for follow-up.
- Participate in integrated testing as needed.
- Participate in the development of junior level staff.
- Understanding of Central Technology’s Mission Statement and Values.
- Actively participate in Employee Engagement activities within Central Technology.
- Perform other related assignments as requested by management.