Marketing Segmentation Specialist
Buffalo, NY | Permanent
Job Requirement Marketing Segmentation Specialist
Our Marketing Segmentation Specialist is responsible for using ClearView CRM to analyze client databases and place donors and prospects into the appropriate ‘segments’ so they receive the intended marketing (mailings, calls, etc.). The Specialist will use tools to execute marketing plans defined by clients and their advertising agencies. This is a great opportunity to learn database marketing from the ground up, by working with some of the nation’s leading non-profit organizations including The Salvation Army, Volunteers of America and Buffalo City Rescue Mission. Other database tasks include national change of address and deceased processing.
The Specialist will also assist Account Managers with help desk support, educating/assisting clients on software features and performing technical tasks to integrate ClearView CRM with other enterprise databases used by our clients.
Our client features a casual work environment where staff works on many projects in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication skills are essential. The Specialist must be able to perform basic requirements gathering and communicate effectively with clients and other departments. Our clients are extremely complex and the Specialist must be able to learn how to troubleshoot technical problems and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to implement solutions.
- Create all marketing segmentation lists and conduct National Change of Address (NCOA) and deceased donor database maintenance.
- Provide tier 1 & 2 help desk support/technical support as needed, utilizing a ticketing system to manage a wide range of client issues simultaneously.
- Act as the point of contact via telephone calls/email for communications between clients and internal resources.
- Maintain client relationships and continuously ensure that client concerns are addressed.
- Complete optional client billable services including building reports, setting up lockbox processing, and other regularly scheduled database processing.
- Work collaboratively with Account Managers to ensure coverage of all client portfolios.
- Maintain client awareness of product release notes, free webinar offerings, conferences, additional billable services offered, and training programs.
- Identify opportunities and gather requirements to improve our products, processes and programs to better meet client needs and communicating those opportunities to a broad internal audience.
- Maintain and update the database with client information for use across departments.
- Document procedure changes on internal reference site.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Ability to learn new tools and multiple software applications quickly, both internal and external applications including but not limited to: software, ticketing system, reference documentation application, reporting software and file sharing sites.
- Strong ability to multi-task, while maintaining time and project management skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while responding to various customer needs quickly and effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience utilizing SQL to query databases preferred.
- Natural curiosity and desire to research and solve complex problems.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team with little direction.
- Presentation and training skills – to assist clients with our software.
- Detailed oriented and able to follow up on issues with persistence.
- Willingness to discuss cost and technical problems with clients.
- Driven, focused and passionate about seeing our clients and our company succeed.
- Travel: up to 5%.