Senior Programmer Analyst
Buffalo, NY | Permanent
Post Date: 02/16/2017 Job ID: 737-R49-D Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Job Requirement Senior Programmer Analyst (9122)
- Develops clearly written, tested and documented programs in accordance with program specifications.
- Defines objectives, identifies milestones and timelines and monitors performance relative to the established project plans for small to medium sized projects, using accepted project management methodologies.
- Mentors less experienced I/S delivery team members, providing training and guidance as needed. Supervises the work of team members assigned to assist with project segments of limited complexity, ensuring compliance to system life cycle methodologies and coding standards and resolving any problems that occur.
- Researches new development tools and technologies, recommending those which will benefit the organization.
- Develops and implements detailed plans for unit, integration and system testing in order to identify potential defects and minimize problems within the application after it is implemented.
- Interviews customers to determine business needs and identify system requirements. Provides regular status updates to users on their projects. Resolves problems and addresses client's questions about designed programs. Provides business users with necessary training to effectively utilize designed systems.
- Integrates and interfaces package software solutions to existing software applications.
- Provides the information, documentation and guidance necessary to seamlessly transition-designed systems to the operations and support areas.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support the client’s business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS or related field.
- Must have strong analytic skills.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems configuration.
- Knowledge of SAP ECC modules.
- Proficient in SLC (systems life cycle) development and project management methodologies.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Visio.
- Some travel required.