Buffalo, NY | Contract to Hire
Job Requirement Software Developer- 23595
Software Developer/ Software Engineer/Analyst
- The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing software solutions to address complex business issues, and providing technical leadership within the IT department.
- The ideal applicant will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process.
- This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an impressive architectural design background and excellent interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Develop and implement new software programs
- Distributed System Development & Mainframe Development
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software database
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to our IT team
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
Qualifications and Skills:
- Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software
- Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals,
- Software Development Process, Software Requirements
- 2+ years’ experience in web and software development
- Demonstrated experience with Java, Python, C++, SQL and other programming languages. Mainframe, CA7, DB2
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution
development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams,
charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and