Buffalo, NY Buffalo, NY 14201
LHTS is seeking a .Net Developer to support vendor applications by creating, maintaining, and updating scheduled tasks, Windows Services, SQL scripts, Powershell scripts, batch files, C# programs, and VB programs for a contract (contract to hire option).
- Must be able to play a key role as a leader and individual contributor on complex projects.
- Capable of quickly learning new technical skills and grasp new concepts.
- Evaluates and understands highly complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms.
- Prepares thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and updates systems documentation.
- Reviews documentation prepared by junior development staff.
Prepares and reviews technical assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
- Completes status reports and must be able to present projects, status or activities to senior management.
- Confers with other development staff, operations staff and IT staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
- Prepares and reviews test data and executes detailed test plans.
- Performs any required debugging.
Required Skills Include:
- Experience utilizing Windows Server 2008 R2 to check error logs and Event viewer, as well as install service packs and patches.
- Knowledge and use of SQL Server management Studio to view database tables, schedule SQL jobs, create SQL code files, and track database errors.
Ability to create, maintain, and update custom reports via the use of SQL scripts, Powershell scripts, and C# code. These reports are populated with new data every day and dispersed via EBO, email, or FTP.
Experience developing custom code for applications to automate and improve business process.
Working experience with the following:
- Windows Server 2012
- SQL Server 2014
- Visual Studio 2015
- Web Services
- Pervasive SQL