Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Business Analyst /Migration
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 04/30/2018 2018-04-30 2018-07-29 Job ID: 1085 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Required Qualifications: Business Analyst/Migration – 25196
- Functional Specifications, Data Modeling, migration and data mapping skills Candidates submitted Must have strong migration and data mapping skills to assist with migration efforts
- This resource will be writing 75-100-page functional specs.
- Business Requirements Analysis, Functional Specifications Job Description: Facilitates moderately complex to complex technical projects from proposal through post implementation. Consults with internal application owners to identify their requirements in application look and feel to the end user and provides appropriate feedback. Serves as project lead to ensure test plans and functional specifications for assigned projects are completed in a timely basis and meet established milestones. Completes various system testing activities not covered by clients completing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) or other teams. Serves as mentor to less experienced staff by assisting with application training, research analysis and project methodology consultation.
- Serve as functional lead on moderately complex to complex projects for assigned application(s). Provide mentoring and leadership to less experienced personnel on the project team. Schedule and facilitate project team meetings as applicable to ensure all team members are informed and issues are addressed.
- Meet with internal application owners to discuss requested application changes related to enterprise-wide or business initiatives, compliance/regulatory requirements, system changes due to contractual agreements or system maintenance (business as usual [BAU]) ensuring a thorough understanding of specifications for assigned applications. Participate in design discussions and document and deliver required functional specifications for application changes for moderately complex projects.
- Consult with internal application owners to identify their requirements in application look and feel to the end user and provide appropriate feedback regarding business requirements to ensure technology applications support internal/external customer needs and products/services provided by the business. Review business requirements with technology team to ensure understanding of project requirements.
- Coordinate and provide estimates for moderately complex to complex projects and complete estimates for assigned component on large projects, inclusive of timelines, application and project phases.
- Serve as subject matter expert to internal application owners and project members to consult and advise on how applications may be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, such as an acquisition or major change in products/service provided customers to ensure all facets are considered. Work with pertinent vendors to gain thorough understanding of project functionality and provide insight on implementation.
- May serve as Test Coordinator for large project initiatives involving multiple applications to ensure all testing needs are met across all interfacing applications. Participate in and document data mapping for integration of systems, conversion and acquisition related projects to understand how applications may need to change or be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, like regulatory requirements, other system enhancements or business initiatives. Work with other testing teams, as required by potential impacts to interfacing applications, to prepare test plans and scripts based on functional specifications.
- Work with other testing teams to manage and/or execute test scripts verifying that changes and enhancements work and perform as required. Serve as functional lead with other project team members on other systems that impact specific projects to ensure no adverse impact to the other systems.
- Monitor functional specifications and change requests to ensure project stays within scope and meets regulatory requirements, while ensuring adherence to business requirements and Corporate Technology standards. Ensure the Bank process and documentation is followed to comply with Corporate Technology standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues arising from testing or implementation to ensure expected performance. Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented, reported and resolved as required. Coordinate and manage post-implementation follow-up related to application changes by getting feedback from application owners, resolving any issues and completing a project debrief including actual to plan for timeframe, financials, achievement of project goals and assessment and mitigation of encountered issues.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management. Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Bank brand. Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.