Buffalo, NY 14201 | Permanent
Required Qualifications – Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, administering, managing and tracking projects assigned to them. This includes product development, customer implementation, customer support and internal projects.
- Coordinate the delivery of products and services to customers, including preparing specification and order sheets for purchased components, ordering equipment and services, tracking and controlling expenses and insuring customer knowledge transfer and system turnover are successful.
- Work with customers and customer contacts to insure smooth implementation of Products within their environment
- Work with the team to estimate, plan and execute small, medium and large implementations, support projects and internal projects
- Take the lead to coordinate activities and communication to insure resources complete responsibilities to an acceptable level of satisfaction.
- Know when and how to escalate delays or issues and how to appropriately facilitate agreement on how to proceed so that delays are minimized.
- Facilitate working sessions with customers to insure customer requirements are captured and understood, including customer responsibilities.
- Provides status reports to customers and managers that show clear line of site to completion of milestones.
- Prepare appropriate scope and work documents, effort estimates and maintain responsibility for document control.
- Working knowledge of software products, data and telephony networks, database technology,
- Skilled at using MS Viso, Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Ability to facilitate technical resources and customers to define and agree to a sequence of tasks required to complete project milestones with a strong propensity to follow up on delegated assignments and guide resources to own their deliverables.
- Ability to develop, document, implement and refine processes and procedures that lead to efficient practices with the organization.
- Ability to coordinate large complex events involving multiple teams and resources within the company and customer.
- 5+ years of experience in information technology, preferably software development
- B.S. or B.A. in Information Technology, Operations Management or related field or equivalent and 5 years work experience with managing large projects.
- Working knowledge and understanding of SDLC, Agile, Lean and traditional project management methodologies.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to interpret technical documents, diagrams and conversations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and customer representatives.
- Considerable ability to give clear and consistent instructions and direction to team members.
- Working knowledge of current hardware and software technologies and uses.
- Writing proficiency and visual design skills.
- Ability to develop, lead, motivate and supervise working teams.