Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Wilmington, DE 19801 | Contract - 9 months
Post Date: 04/12/2018 2018-04-12 2018-07-11 Job ID: 1063 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Required Qualifications: Project Manager – 25148
- Skills Required: PMP (Project Management Professional) Certified, Business Requirements Analysis
- Basic Function In addition to duties of Project Manager I, responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
- May communicate with a Senior Project Manager, Functional Area Manager, or Program Manager regarding status of specific projects.
- Essential Position Responsibilities The ability to apply, independently, these skills are required for this job description.
- Establish project deliverables - Develop Project Plan Forecast, and Schedule Record detailed customer project requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter. Includes the Work Breakdown, Project Organization chart, Communication plan, Risk plan, Quality plan, Cost/budget and Resource plans.
- Conduct kick-off meeting Conduct a kick-off meeting with all key stakeholders to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan and gain consensus. Communicate project plan Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, to align the stakeholders and team members.
- Execute project plan Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals. Includes executing all parts of the project plan and managing the budget/forecast. Monitor and control project work including change controls Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders. Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Nature and Scope Under general supervision of either a Portfolio Manager or a Program Manager, leads and directs multiple projects or one larger project.
- Supervisory Responsibility No Direct Reports.
- Leadership Supports team building Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members. Demonstrates high ethics and values Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs. Recognizes contributions Praises people for a job well done. Embraces diversity Open to diverse points of view, treats people with respect.
- Basic Qualifications Experience: 3 to 5 years project management with 7-10 years relative experience Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Technical Skills Technical Experience using spreadsheets, word processing and project management software Interpersonal Writes clearly Communicates information and ideas in writing so others will understand. Possesses good listening skills Listens intently to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them.
- Speaks clearly Communicates information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.