Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Quality Assurance Analyst
Wilmington, DE 19801 | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 08/30/2017 2017-08-30 2018-08-31 Job ID: 864 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Neogtiable
Job Requirement: Quality Assurance Analyst – 24256
Must live locally within 60 minutes commute to the work location
- Experience with application lifecycle management
- 10+ years in Quality Assurance role (Financial preferred)
- 2+ years in a test leadership role and comfortable leading business wide testing initiatives
- 6+ years’ experience with manual testing, including planning, configuring, execution, and analysis
- 6+ years’ experience creating and maintaining test related documentation and artifacts
- 4+ years automation test creation and maintenance, preferably with Selenium/C#
- 4+ years software (automation) development using OO design patterns
- 4+ years’ experience testing web based internal and external facing products.
- 2+ years’ experience with Visual studio IDE, TFS, MTM
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL
- 2+ years’ experience with HP ALM
- 1 year experience with web performance testing, and load testing, database / SQL testing.
- SME for QA practices and procedures
- Familiar with TFS builds
- Prior experience working on an Agile team a plus
- Primary Skills Required -Microsoft C-Sharp Programming
- Secondary Skills Required - Quality Assurance and Control
- Also req'd: Software/Automation Development, Selenium, MS Visual Studio, Sr. QA Skills, HP ALM
- Quality Assurance Test Engineer
- The successful candidate should be self-driven and experienced in establishing formal testing processes as part of the development lifecycle using Microsoft Test Manager, ALM and other platforms.
- The QA Engineer will work with the development team in the creation and maintenance of manual and automated test scripts to be used for smoke, regression, performance and other testing.
- Throughout the development lifecycle you will be involved in ensuring developers write and execute code to unit test software.
- You will maintain the test matrix for test coverage both through manual tests and automated tests.
- You will help manage the QA release cycle by developing manual and automated tests, running and maintaining automated tests and working with other QA team members to plan and execute functional and UAT test cycles. You will also set up automation environments and coordinate nightly runs and regression and performance tests.
- You should be familiar with using Visual Studio application testing using Microsoft Test Manager for exploratory, manual and other tests with the ability to collect diagnostics and performance information.
- You should also be comfortable using an IDE, such as Visual Studio, to develop automated tests using software best practices.
- The candidate will also work with the Business Analysts to capture test requirements prior to software development.
- Approximately 40% of our software is developed internally using Microsoft products and is browser based.
- The remaining 60% is vendor software mostly in a distributed environment.
- Participates and provides oversight in the development of system test strategies, plans, and designs.
- Acts as a test lead, responsible for various system testing activities including, but not limited to, attending project meetings, reviewing test plan documentation, assisting in the creation and execution of test cases, defect tracking, as well as scheduling and facilitating related test sessions/meetings.
- Utilizes automated testing tools in addition to manual scripts, to perform various system tests (e.g. unit, regression, exception handling, performance, etc.) within the software development lifecycle.
- Essential Position Responsibilities Aids management’s oversight of staff responsible for the development and creation of system test plans and test cases, ensuring adherence to the department’s standards and procedures, including all document/artifact requirements.
- Must be able to write automated scripts to test the functional and business requirements of an application, automatically create data for testing and write queries to summarize and evaluate the results of the tests.
- Must be able to maintain automated scripts and automation infrastructure.
- Must be able to triage automation related failures and take appropriate action to correct/prevent.
- Must possess discipline to develop automation and test cases using industry best practices and instill those best practices within the team.
- Recognizes and recommends ideas to improve efficiencies, policies, and procedures in order to achieve the department’s goals to include test life cycle time improvements through automation, etc.
- Ensures compliance with bank standards (i.e.: PMM, SDM, SOX, etc.) throughout system testing including required documentation/artifact retention. Nature and Scope Possesses an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the test life cycle, providing the ability to work on projects outside of the normal BAU.
- Provides system test expertise as well as standardized test processes, documentation, etc.
- Creates and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork and provides opportunities for continued staff development.
- May be called upon to serve as a system-testing representative on committees, ad-hoc project teams, etc.
- Will work with limited supervision. Supervisory Responsibility Oversees obtaining and scheduling appropriate on/offshore test resources.
- Oversees test resource activities as pertaining to project assignments. Actively participates in the development of junior level staff.
- Basic Qualifications Demonstrated experience using automated testing software, preferably Selenium. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related field or six to eight years of relevant experience.
- Experience utilizing the application/system(s) being supported preferred.
- Working knowledge of both project, software and test life cycles. Experience with the skills, application(s), and functions of the business line being supported is encouraged.