Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/logo.png http://www.lhtservices.com
SAS Admin Analyst
Negotiable Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 06/12/2018 2018-06-12 2018-09-10 Job ID: 1084 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Required Qualifications: SAS Admin Analyst
- Design, code, test and implement SAS programs, reports and data sources to provide reporting and analytical solutions for various stakeholders. Will also apply statistical methods and be skilled in data mining and manipulation, regression, segmentation of financial parties and data, predictive and descriptive analytics, and applied statistics to deliver solutions to stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to gather requirements, construct and maintain analytical databases for enabling analysis and reporting. Extracts, aggregates, normalizes and analyzes large data sets using statistical analysis system (SAS). Develops and evaluates sound statistical and key performance indicator data using selection, design and testing skills. Performs data quality assurance.
- Develops, tests, validates, documents, maintains and executes programs and reports in SAS. Produces complex statistical output reports, graphs, tables and figures. Builds and applies statistical techniques and models to provide insights into the nature of financial parties and potential improvements to finance services and systems.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to ensure that solutions meet report requirements, permit valid inferences and that functional implements of the reports meet business needs. Translates findings into summarized recommendations and actionable solutions.
- Provides technical support and user-training via phone, email, web and in-person.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required in it. Demonstrated experience creating database queries, report writing and presenting findings required. Working knowledge of PC's and statistical analysis computer programming required.
- Programming experience within the SAS suite of tools analysis and programming preferred. Experience working with relational and dimensional database models.
- Working knowledge of data management best practices and techniques. Excellent ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with management, customers, and technical personnel. Excellent mathematical/statistical, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Self-motivated, independent, and strong attention to accuracy and detail. Experience in transportation or customs brokerage industries preferred.