Senior Systems Analyst/MM-WM
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Required Qualifications: Senior Systems Analyst/MM-WM
A Senior Systems Analyst is the subject matter expert in SAP MM/WM (Material Management and Warehouse Management) areas with experience in AFS (Apparel/Footwear) and has a solid overall understanding of integrations between different functions within enterprise solutions. Also responsible for process analysis, business requirements gathering, impact analysis and solution implementations. Proven ability to work well with internal and external business partners is a must. Requires strong communication skills and the ability to build good relationships with key business stakeholders as well as demonstrate leadership by aligning with departmental goals and influencing other team members.
- Work with Architecture team and business users to gather and document business requirements.
- Design and code solutions that fulfill business requirements effectively and efficiently. Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues work.
- Effectively communicate to the appropriate audience and build consensus around the recommended solutions.
- Proactively gather feedback from the key business users, understand the business and system gaps. Make recommendations and lead implementations for enhancements.
- Work with Project Management team to analyze, design, build, test and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Service Operations team and contribute to ensure continuous business operations.
- Proactively identify business and system improvements , make recommendations, take ownership and bring those initiatives to successful implementation.
- Lead and provide support to co-workers.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to others in order to achieve department goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors
- Strong knowledge of SAP Warehouse Management (TR, TO Posting changes, Return transfer, Inventory in WM) and integration with other modules like Material Management (MM) and Quality Management (QM).
- Excellent skills for requirements gathering, solution design, hands-on build, implementation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work as an individual or in a team environment to develop solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships.
- Strong communication skills which include: ability to convey complex technical concepts to company stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner, both verbally and written; active listening skills to gather key information from internal and external partners
- Leadership skills: proactively identify opportunities, make recommendations, own initiatives and mentor others.
- Ability to build consensus without authority.
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to new processes and technologies quickly.
- Sound time management skills with the ability to multi-task, and handle multiple projects/tasks concurrently.
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Education and Experience
- Experience with the primary applications found in MM (Purchasing, Inventory Management, Physical Inventory, Inventory Valuation, Materials Requirements (MRP), Service Management (Entry Sheet and Master Records), Foreign Trade / Customs, Mater Data relavent to material management, procurement and production).
- Experience in design, development, testing of custom solutions to support particular business process requirements in P2P process is necessary.
- 5 – 10 years of experience with SAP.
- Master’s degree in IT or Business plus 5 years of Information Technology experience
OR Bachelor’s degree in IT or Business plus 7 years of Information Technology experience.
- Project based; up to 5% domestic or international