Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/logo.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Sr. PL/SQL Developer
Buffalo, NY Buffalo, NY 14201 | Permanent
Post Date: 06/27/2018 2018-06-27 2018-09-25 Job ID: 322 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
LHTS is seeking a direct hire Sr. PL/SQL Developer.
- Participates in application design scoping sessions, providing input on level of complexity and time estimates to complete coding and unit testing of defined business requirements.
- Provides recommendations on application architecture and designs.
- Ability to autonomously develop alternative conceptual solutions based solely on business requirements.
- Develops application code to meet defined business requirements using established programming standards and best practices.
- Performs testing on developed modules.
- Provides application debugging support as demanded by their team’s needs.
- Takes a lead role on small to medium-sized projects, coordinating efforts closely with other team members to achieve the project requirements and timelines.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures, operating standards, programming languages, software development tools (e.g. Integrated Development Environments) and techniques (e.g. Model-View-Controller models).
- Documents code and systems to promote maintainability. Provides mentoring, guidance and reinforcement of best practices to other engineers, including via use of code reviews.
- May be called on to interview software engineering candidates.
- Performs other application development, diagnostic, and other special projects as may be assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Five or more years as a professional developer/programmer (in addition to the B.S. in C.S. or equivalent)
- Preferred M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of one or more contemporary programming languages and database management systems.
- Experience with logical design of relational databases; ability to read Entity-Relationship (E-R) diagrams.
- Understanding of Application Programming Interfaces (API) concepts and best practices.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to think logically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
- Very good time management skills.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and the ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects.
- Solid understanding of data processing system design methods, techniques and standards.