CICS & Cobol Programmer
Buffalo, NY | Contract - 6 months
Job Requirement CICS & Cobol Programmer - 23741
- He is looking for a programmer with CICS transaction processing experience to assist with various project in our ATM / POS Authorization and mainframe Teller applications. There also will be some batch programming / reporting development work involved.
- Candidate must be proficient CICS Application Development.
- Provides designs and specifies information systems solutions to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements.
- Evaluates client requirements and processes, develops and prepares application environments which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Performs day to day support activities and special projects.
- Essential Position Responsibilities Performs basic to complex systems analysis, design and development.
- Plays a key role as an individual contributor on complex projects.
- Assists the client in addressing problems/issues of any scope.
- Determines feasible solutions and makes recommendations. Participates with other development staff, operations staff and IT staff, as appropriate, in overall system and integrated testing on small to medium scope efforts or on specific phases of larger projects.
- Prepares test data and executes detailed test plans.
- Performs any required debugging.
- Evaluates and understands complex interrelationships and effects among programs and interfacing applications.
- Uses available resources to develop clear and complete technical and functional specifications for small to medium scope efforts.
- Updates systems documentation.
- Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems.
- May assist in the supervision and preparation of logic flowcharts.
- Prepares assessments and task plans to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for assignments.
- Recommends new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies.
- Provides consultation services to clients, technicians and Bank departments on basic to intricate functions of supported applications.
- This may include the review of system capabilities, operational procedures, forms, marketing materials or cost analysis.
- Follows and promotes the use of development standards and procedures.
- Maintains very good working knowledge of the supporting application(s), development environments and the supported client environment.
- The Software Engineer I is competent to work independently on most all high level systems analysis and technical phases of development.
- Minimum of two to four years college with at least six years involvement in systems analysis and application development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of the system development life cycle and application development alternatives.
- Requires experience with state of the art application development support software and hardware platforms.
- Proficient in utilizing development tools, application support software and hardware platforms.
- At minimum, possess a general understanding of personal computers.
- Must possess a very good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and databases.
- Demonstrates a high aptitude for complex problem analysis and resolution.
- General knowledge of the Bank’s application framework.
- Ability to lead or actively participate in technology walkthroughs.
- Capable of learning new technical skills. Very good oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to the target audience.
- Able to work effectively with client personnel in various organizational positions, IT managers and staff.
- Detail oriented, uses sound judgment and is self-motivated.
- Very good analytical, organization and time management skills. Asserts ideas, encourages teamwork and acts as a role model.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in support of various assignments.
- Possess broad understanding of the business unit’s role and how they fit into the organization. Basic project management skills