IT Project Manager III
Buffalo, NY | Contract - 9 months
Post Date: 06/13/2017 Job ID: 813-G11-C Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Job Requirement: IT Project Manager III – 23942
- Any experience in Treasury or Real time payments is a HUGE plus but not required.
- The manager is looking for a really solid PM's with banking experience.
- Banking is REQUIRED.
- Under general direction of either a Portfolio Manager or in some cases a Program Manager, an IT Project Manager III leads and directs high-priority projects, which often cross multiple Business lines and require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration.
- The Project Manager III should show Master Level proficiency in project execution.
- The IT Project Manager III’s responsibilities include: Taking projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Interface with all areas affected by the project including end users, distributors, and vendors.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables.
- Communicate with company executives regarding the status of specific projects.
- Managing changes to project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- The ability to apply independently the following skills:
- Lead and direct high priority projects impacting three or more businesses or functions, often requiring considerable resources and high levels of functional integration from initiation to close.
- Ensure familiarity with scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members.
- Develop Project Plan, forecast and schedule.
- Work with stakeholders to record detailed project requirements, constraints and assumptions to establish project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques and the project charter.
- Ensure plans for assigned projects include work breakdown, project organization chart, cost/budget and communication, risk, quality and resource plans.
- Communicate project plans to affected parties to ensure a common understanding, set expectations and align stakeholders and project team members.
- Ensure execution of tasks defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals.
- Execute all parts of the project plan and manage the budget/forecast.
- Monitor and control project work including change controls.
- Measure project performance utilizing appropriate tools and techniques to monitor progress; identify and quantify variances, complete any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events.
- Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency and boost morale.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- This position is in Buffalo, NY