Lighthouse Technology Services
Project Manager II
Buffalo, NY | Contract - 5 months
Post Date: 08/08/2017 2017-08-08 Job ID: 844 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Job Requirement Senior Project Manager - 24168
- Would like PMP (Project Management Professional) Certified
- Secondary Skills Required
- Resource Planning
Internal/External Job Description
- Manages high priority projects affecting three or more businesses or functional areas. Manages changes to project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Lead and direct high priority projects impacting three or more businesses or functions, often requiring considerable resources and high levels of functional integration from initiation to close.
- Ensure familiarity with scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members.
- Develop Project Plan, forecast and schedule.
- Work with stakeholders to record detailed project requirements, constraints and assumptions to establish project deliverables, using requirement gathering techniques (e.g. planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Ensure plans for assigned projects include work breakdown, project organization chart, cost/budget and communication, risk, quality and resource plans.
- Communicate project plans to affected parties to ensure a common understanding, set expectations and align stakeholders and project team members.
- Ensure execution of tasks defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals.
- Execute all parts of the project plan and manage the budget/forecast.
- Monitor and control project work including change controls.
- Measure project performance utilizing appropriate tools and techniques to monitor progress; identify and quantify variances, complete any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events.
- Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency and boost morale.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Bank brand. Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.