Senior Solutions Architect
Buffalo, NY | Permanent
Post Date: 06/07/2017 Job ID: 810-S50-D Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Provide technical and consultative pre-sales support to drive sales goals/initiatives by designing and developing integrated, strategic, complex solutions and employing all assets
- Delivery of network assessments and other consulting engagements
- Educate clients on portfolio of products and service catalog.
- Design and develop solutions and services including diagrams, Scopes of Work and services pricing for assigned opportunities.
- Identify and progress new opportunities.
- Perform delivery of high-end assessments and other consulting engagements.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
- Work with partners, engineers and other practice group leads to bring new products and technologies to market.
- Maintain expertise in relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
- Follow standardized processes and procedures for solution design and implementation.
- Point of technical escalation for Project Managers and other engineers.
- Help to standardize processes and procedures and follow same.
- Identify customer needs and design detailed solutions to address those needs.
- Meet with colleagues, managers and account managers regarding account status, ongoing issues and opportunities.
- Deliver training sessions to both peers and the sales organization.
- Identify and escalate business and technical opportunities as appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with customers, vendors and staff.
- Attend all appointments on-time, for full duration, with focus on providing quality client service.
- Submit detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc.).
- Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of the Company.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of system analysis techniques and methodologies
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, customers/vendors, and management. Present a positive professional image to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment managing a range of customers and technical situations.
- Forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic, and ambitious team player, high performer.
- Ability to easily interface with external and internal stakeholders using a solutions-oriented approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer facing skills, and a can-do attitude are required.
- Excellent customer service and customer management skills.
- Strong technical leadership is required.
- Hands on knowledge and experience in the implementation, design, and/or maintenance of converged networks leveraging Cisco technologies.
- Experience selling Cisco technologies, including data center, network and collaboration infrastructure and software.
- Advanced experience with a minimum of three (3) of the following specific technologies:
- Cisco routers and switches
- Cisco wireless networking
- Cisco UCS and Nexus technologies
- Meraki networking and security
- Cisco borderless (ASA/Firepower) & identity (ISE)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unity, Unity Connection
- Cisco IM & Presence / Cisco Jabber
- Cisco Collaboration Edge Architecture
- Cisco UCCE/UCCX, Contact Center Scripting
- Cisco TelePresence/Video Endpoints
- Voice Signaling Technologies
- Microsoft Active Directory/Exchange a plus
- Knowledge of VMware and Cisco Unified Computing System a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Lync a plus
- BS/BA in technical discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Information Technology); or 5 to 7 years technical project leadership, development, consulting and/or project management experience in a related field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience designing, configuring and/or maintaining Cisco Network, Security, or Unified Communications.
- Cisco CCIE certification is required.
- Sales support experience (client presentations, solution development, and statement of work preparation).