Buffalo, NY | Permanent
Job Requirement Systems Engineer
SUMMARY: Provides remote and on-site support technical support for clients & staff.
- Document, track, and monitor client equipment including servers, workstations, software, network devices, and security appliances.
- Monitor and analyze client system & network performance.
- Design and present client system & network improvements to sales team members.
- Support and maintain advanced software applications suites (Electronic Medical Records, Practice Management,
Enterprise Resource Planning).
- Support and maintain advanced Microsoft products such as Exchange and SQL.
- Install / upgrade and test computer systems and peripherals, switching, firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Perform on-site and remote administration & maintenance of client equipment including, but not limited to, servers, workstations, printers, peripherals, switching, firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Assist end users in resolving advanced hardware and software issues by performing on-site and remote troubleshooting.
- Actively research emerging technologies, engage in self- learning, and provide suggestions for process improvement to clients and internal management team members.
- Support sales staff by providing technical guidance.
- Reliability and Attendance – begin work on time and conform to work hours and schedule unless arrangements have been made with a supervisor or manager.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by a member of the Management Team
- Three (3) – Five (3) years with Desktop Operating System experience. Including Microsoft Windows and Apple
- Three (3) – Five (5) years of experience supporting Microsoft Server Operating Systems at a senior administrator level.
- Three (3) – Five (5) years of experience with intermediate to advanced IPV4 networking experience in multi-office environments. (Layer 2 Switching, Subnetting, VLANs, Layer 3 Routing)
- MUST have a valid driver's license.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, HP, and Aruba devices preferred.
- Able to maintain confidentiality related to business matters.
- Able to multi-task, respond to rapid change; organize, prioritize, and perform work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including overnights, weekends, short notice and holidays as required meeting