Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Buffalo, NY | Contract - 6 months
Post Date: 06/15/2017 2017-06-15 Job ID: 817-G11-C Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Job Requirement Test Coordinator - 23960
- Responsible for the coordination of all activities related to the successful planning, documenting and testing for a given project. With input from Technology and Business Partners, establish, document and communicate the overall testing strategy and approach for the project, including interaction between Business Analysts, Technicians, Quality Assurance, and Clients.
- Use corporate standard software, Master Test Strategy and Test Plan templates, and other tools to create clear, complete, and useable documentation in accordance with corporate standards.
- Coordinate the creation of all test plans for incorporation into the traceability matrix (unit, integration, system, UAT, etc.).
- Identify and develop synergies between the various teams to optimize the testing life cycle.
- Develop, execute and modify Master Test Strategies and Test Plans.
- Documents and executes the Test Escalation Plan to mitigate or counteract project risk.
- Facilitate formal reviews of Master Test Strategies and Test plans with the project team.
- Define and maintain a dashboard that will track and communicate the overall test progress for test types identified in the master test strategy.
- Define, update, and communicate the Master Test Calendar to the project team.
- Adhere to the recommended Software Development Methodology process, practices, and deliverables.
Nature and Scope
- The incumbent works under the supervision of the Overall Project Manager and Technology Project Manager.
- Directs the development and execution of holistic test strategy/plan for enterprise strategic projects
- Oversees the complete testing picture; coordinates Test Environment and Data, Unit, System, System
- System, Systems Integration Testing, End to End Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Performance testing, CyberSecurity Testing etc.
- Ensure that Defect Triage meetings are conducted and documented
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, oversees obtaining and scheduling appropriate test resources in a matrix managed environment.
- Interacts on a regular basis with Technology and Business partners as well as vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree, or in lieu of degree four to five years relevant work experience.
- Minimum five years relevant experience in application development / system integration / project management.
- Demonstrated experience in software testing services.
- Two years of test lead, development lead or project management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities from a project management perspective.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to the target audience (technology, business, offshore, etc.).
- Demonstrates diplomatic negotiating and elicitation skills.
- Strong understanding of Technology Application Architecture/Language and various Software
Development Life Cycles.
- Excellent time management and organization skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; detail oriented.
- Prefer candidate with understanding of applications being supported and knowledge of interfacing / integrated applications. Technical Skills
- Solid PC skills with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Microsoft Project knowledge a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of complex IT environments with multiple interfaces. Additional Skill Requirements
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the business environment and needs within the area of responsibility.
- Ability to understand technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem.
- Working knowledge of phase gating approach to project management.
- Exposure/knowledge of other project methodologies valued.
- Strong and proven problem solving abilities, bringing resolution and applicable alternatives to the table.
- Understanding of HP Quality Center and/or other test management tools a plus.