Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
User Experience Designer
Buffalo, NY | Contract - 6 months
Post Date: 05/24/2017 2017-05-24 Job ID: 800-G11-C Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Job Requirement: User Experience Designer - 23904
- Demonstrate thought-leadership to envision and design a desired end-state in digital systems or products that meets business goals and end user needs and expectations.
- Implement user-centered design methods and/or design-thinking throughout the product development lifecycle to shape the strategy and define deliverables specific to the end system or product.
- Partner with Solution Architects and Application Developers to ensure their awareness of and leverage successful user experience standards and industry best practices across Bank systems or products.
- Work with internal resources to explore multiple user-centered design concepts through whiteboard sessions, wireframes and usability studies to gather end user feedback to continually improve the customer experience.
- Develop and review functional and end user requirements specific to digital systems or products with Application Development to ensure their final look and feel is accurate and meets desired expectations of the end user experience.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Bank brand.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- User experience is the study and practice of creating software-based products from the perspective of the individuals that use the product.
- A User Experience Designer integrates a solid understanding of the internal and/or external user into all design concepts with a goal of delivering solutions that users find intuitive, easy to use and encourage further product usage.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ technical experience, including a minimum of 3 years professional experience in User Interface, User Experience and/or Interaction Design, or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 9 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years’ technical experience with a minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in User Interface,
- User Experience and/or Interaction Design.
- Strong proficiency using pertinent illustration, photo-editing, word processing and presentation software.
- Strong project management skills and techniques.
- Excellent presentation and visualization skills.
- Proven experience interacting with various multi-disciplinary teams of professionals.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Bachelors’ degree in Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Design, Industrial Engineering, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or User Experience.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and leverage design as a means to bring clarity to abstract ideas.
- Expertise in creating use cases, flow diagrams, prototypes, scenarios and wireframes in the context of product development.
- Experience with accessibility standards, cross-platform issues, mobile user interfaces, and systems thinking.
- Proficiency in software design, development, and prototyping methods and tools.
- Proficiency in industry best practices for desktop, mobile and web applications.
- Background/work experience in financial industry.