Job Number: 1073352
Pay Rate: negotiable
Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our Buffalo, NY-based financial client to fill their Business Analyst position! This is a hybrid, 12+ month contract position in Buffalo, New York. This role will be a W2 employee of Lighthouse Technology Services.
Responsible for facilitating moderately complex to complex projects from proposal through post implementation. Participates in meetings with lines of business to identify their requirements in how an application looks and feels to the end user; provides feedback on them. Serves as project lead to ensure test plans and specifications are completed in a timely basis and project meets established milestones. Responsible for various system testing activities not covered by other teams such as clients completing User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for preparing well documented functional specifications for assigned projects, test plans, test cases and execution of test cases. Responsible for research analysis of moderately complex data ensuring functional design of assigned projects is accurate. Serve as mentor to less experienced staff by assisting in application training, research analysis and project methodology consultation.
- Serve as functional lead on moderately complex projects for assigned application(s). Schedule and facilitate project team meetings as applicable.
- Meet with business client to discuss requested application changes related to an enterprise-wide or business initiative, compliance/regulatory requirement, required system change due to contractual agreement or system maintenance (business as usual [BAU]) ensuring a thorough understanding of specifications for assigned applications. Participate in design discussions and document/deliver functional specifications.
- Participate in meetings with lines of business to identify their requirements in how an application looks and feels to the end user and provide feedback to clients regarding business requirements to ensure technology applications support internal/external customer needs and products/services as provided by lines of business. Review business requirements with technology team to ensure understanding of project requirements.
- Coordinate and provide estimates for moderately complex to complex projects and complete estimates for assigned component on large projects, inclusive of timelines and project phases.
- Serve as subject matter expert to consult and advise on how applications may be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, like an acquisition or major change in products/services provided to customers.
- Work with vendor to gain thorough understanding of project functionality and provide insight on implementation.
- May act as Test Coordinator for large project initiatives involving multiple applications.
- Participate in and document data mapping for integration of systems, conversion, and acquisition related projects to understand how applications may need to change or be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, like regulatory requirements, other system enhancements or business initiatives.
- Work with other testing teams, when applicable, to prepare test plans and scripts based on functional specifications, and manage and/or execute test cases verifying changes and enhancements work and perform as required. Serve as functional lead with other project team members on other systems that impact the project.
- Monitor functional specifications and change requests to ensure project stays within scope and meets regulatory requirements, while ensuring adherence to business requirements and Corporate Technology standards. Ensure the Bank process and documentation is followed to ensure adherence to Corporate Technology standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues arising from testing or implementation to ensure expected performance. Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented, reported and resolved as required.
- Coordinate and manage post-implementation by getting feedback, resolving any issues and completing a debrief including actual to plan for timeframe and financials.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
What You'll Need to Have:
- Technical/Developer knowledge
- Database background, ie query, DBMS knowledge
- Familiar with HTML, web application, active directory
- Combined minimum of 5 years; higher education and/or operational/business analytics experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong lateral thinking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
- Excellent problem solving skills to assist in issue resolution
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree.
- Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported.
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a moderately complex to complex nature.
- Proven understanding of applications supported with a sound good knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications.
- Ability to effectively use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Good understanding of the Banks application framework.
- Familiarity with application development software and hardware platforms.
- Growing understanding of Bank acquisition methodology or relevant conversion experience.
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com