Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Buffalo, NY | Contract - 1 year+
Post Date: 12/04/2017 2017-12-04 Job ID: 959 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Required Qualifications: Business Analyst – R24653
- Facilitates moderately complex to complex technical projects from proposal through post implementation.
- Consults with internal application owners to identify their requirements in application look and feel to the end user and provides appropriate feedback.
- Serves as project lead to ensure test plans and functional specifications for assigned projects are completed in a timely basis and meet established milestones. Completes various system testing activities not covered by clients completing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) or other teams.
- Serves as mentor to less experienced staff by assisting with application training, research analysis and project methodology consultation.
- Serve as functional lead on moderately complex to complex projects for assigned application(s).
- Provide mentoring and leadership to less experienced personnel on the project team. Schedule and facilitate project team meetings as applicable to ensure all team members are informed and issues are addressed.
- Meet with internal application owners to discuss requested application changes related to enterprise-wide or business initiatives, compliance/regulatory requirements, system changes due to contractual agreements or system maintenance (business as usual [BAU]) ensuring a thorough understanding of specifications for assigned applications. Participate in design discussions and document and deliver required functional specifications for application changes for moderately complex projects.
- Consult with internal application owners to identify their requirements in application look and feel to the end user and provide appropriate feedback regarding business requirements to ensure technology applications support internal/external customer needs and products/services provided by the business.
- Review business requirements with technology team to ensure understanding of project requirements.
- Coordinate and provide estimates for moderately complex to complex projects and complete estimates for assigned component on large projects, inclusive of timelines, application and project phases.
- Serve as subject matter expert to internal application owners and project members to consult and advise on how applications may be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, such as an acquisition or major change in products/service provided customers to ensure all facets are considered.
- Work with pertinent vendors to gain thorough understanding of project functionality and provide insight on implementation.
- May serve as Test Coordinator for large project initiatives involving multiple applications to ensure all testing needs are met across all interfacing applications.
- Participate in and document data mapping for integration of systems, conversion and acquisition related projects to understand how applications may need to change or be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, like regulatory requirements, other system enhancements or business initiatives.
- Work with other testing teams, as required by potential impacts to interfacing applications, to prepare test plans and scripts based on functional specifications.
- Work with other testing teams to manage and/or execute test scripts verifying that changes and enhancements work and perform as required. Serve as functional lead with other project team members on other systems that impact specific projects to ensure no adverse impact to the other systems.
- Monitor functional specifications and change requests to ensure project stays within scope and meets regulatory requirements, while ensuring adherence to business requirements and Corporate Technology standards.
- Ensure the Bank process and documentation is followed to comply with Corporate Technology standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues arising from testing or implementation to ensure expected performance. Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented, reported and resolved as required.
- Coordinate and manage post-implementation follow-up related to application changes by getting feedback from application owners, resolving any issues and completing a project debrief including actual to plan for timeframe, financials, achievement of project goals and assessment and mitigation of encountered issues.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- The position requires an individual with an in-depth knowledge and detailed focus on the entire system to work on projects outside normal BAU. The position has direct interaction with internal business clients on a regular basis for moderately complex to complex projects. The position works independently with minimal supervision and may supervise tasks assigned to less experienced personnel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree and 4 years’ operational/business analytics experience, or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 6 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years’ operational/business analytics experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a moderately complex to complex nature.
- Ability to effectively use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
- Familiar with application development software and hardware problems.
- Ability to understand business supported and its’ terminology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong lateral thinking skills.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Ability to coordinate between Applications and business units.
- Ability to drive project milestones and delivery dates.
- Ability to recommend and implement systems solutions.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported.
- Proven understanding of applications supported with a sound knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications.
- Good understanding of the Bank’s application framework.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Ability to multitask for various components of moderately complex to complex projects.
- Action-oriented and pro-active