Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our client to fill their Business Systems Analyst/Accounting Specialist role! This is a 6+ month contract opportunity and will be onsite in Buffalo. This role will be a W2 employee of Lighthouse Technology Services.
The ideal candidate has banking experience and will able to navigate financials to generate internal management reporting and work with large data sets to analyze financial results, understand and explain variances, and communicate that to the broader team. This person will also help in the implementation of new reporting and analytics capabilities using loan and deposit data in support of the monthly close process, monthly forecasting, and ad hoc analysis.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Oversee design and support from an accounting or investor reporting standpoint for loan and/or deposit conversions and upgrades for all lending and deposit systems, which may include general ledger interfaces and automated balancing functions.
- Using technical solutions, spearhead the improvement and implementation of existing and new processes related to accounting for various lending and/or deposit products that enhance Department, Division and Bank efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee support for the creation of business requirements documents, functional requirements and the testing and implementation of those new requirements.
- May support the monthly closing of the general ledger by analyzing and interpreting account fluctuations and monthly/quarterly reporting. May process manual functions in the absence of an automated solution.
- Champion monthly variance analyses, reconciliations, tests of accounting data integrity, and work paper review.
- Review the Bank's accounting transaction documentation for completeness and accuracy; identify and work to resolve accounting issues and variances.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced personnel, including providing input to the annual review process for them.
- Support the integration of acquired portfolios to the Bank's systems.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
What You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years accounting, audit and/or financial institution experience
- In lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 9 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years accounting, audit and/or financial institution experience.
- 5+ years banking industry experience
- Able to work with large data sets to analyze financial results, understand and explain variances, and communicate to the broader team
- Experience implementing new reporting and analytics capabilities
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent personal computer skills with a thorough knowledge pertinent spreadsheet, word processing and database software.
- Experience working under critical time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills to evaluate alternative solutions to issues and determine the most appropriate solution.
- Strong knowledge of process improvement methodology and business process management techniques.
- Experience interacting effectively with all levels within and outside of organization.
- MBA (Masters degree in Business Administration)
- 3+ years leadership experience
- Knowledge and application of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
Pay Range: $60-$75/hr +
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com