Business System Analyst
Wilmington, DE 19801 | Contract - 3 months
Required Qualifications – Business System Analyst – 24803
Job Description: Business Systems & Functional Analyst Basic Function: This position is within the Technology area which requires strong background in information technology, software development and package installation as well as business experience within the financial industry, corporate trust experience preferred. Works directly with business experts and the technical team. Should have very strong analytical, communication and design skills to understand then document and present both business and functional requirements to the development team. Acts as a liaison between technology and business. Will study existing system capabilities and work to add design new ones. Will develop workflow diagrams, data flow diagrams, traceability matrix and system specifications. Will understand system input, processing and output requirements. Must also be strong in recommending system controls. Responsible for facilitating requirements meetings and participating in small to large projects and support enterprise-wide or business initiatives, compliance/regulatory requirements, system changes due to contractual agreements or system maintenance (business as usual [BAU]) projects from proposal through post implementation while monitoring expenses. Elicit, extract and clearly document both in writing and graphically business and functional requirements and flows. Act as lead in conjunction with QAT to ensure test plans and specifications are completed and project meets established milestones. Supports the redesign of the workflow and process. Provide recommendations on best practices and input to identify risks resulting from process change. Provide innovative ideas on ways to better the process. Independently identifies the resources (people, process, systems), data elements, and tools necessary to perform analysis required to solve complex business issues Acquires subject matter expertise to aid internal application owners and project members for consultation and advise on how applications may be impacted by local and enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Subject matter expert on systems forming the financial transaction processing hub for Wealth and Institutional services.
- Core systems are both internally and vendor developed which interface with our core trust accounting system and payment systems for Wires, ACH, SWIFT and checks.
- Meet and discuss requested changes with business client ensuring a thorough understanding and documenting of current and future processes and system needs and specifications.
- Consults with internal application owners to identify their requirements in application look and feel to the end user and provides appropriate feedback.
- Review with technical team(s) to ensure understanding of project requirements.
- Participate in design discussions and assure business requirements and functional specifications are delivered.
- Prepares business requirements and functional specifications for assigned projects, test plans, test scripts and their execution to maintain application integrity and provide a risk-adverse software solution that meets business needs. Completes analysis for complex data specific to application fields and definitions, interfacing methods, necessary data provisions and the overall business process to ensure accurate functional design of assigned projects.
- Responsible for coordinating estimates for large projects and performing estimates for assigned component on projects.
- Facilitate / provide estimates after business requirements and functional phases while establishing time lines and project phases.
- Participate and provide feedback with clients regarding business requirements.
- Act as a representative for the applicable application, functional lead, or other IT lead for supported project.
- Serves as mentor to less experienced staff by assisting with application training, research analysis and project methodology consultation.
- Be experienced in both waterfall and agile methodologies and related artifacts
- Works with the vendor and technical team for a thorough understanding of the project functionality and provides insight on implementation.
- On agile projects would work with the Product Owner to analyze and translate the business requirements into user stories which would then be prioritized. The specifications will be referred to throughout the development of the application to know inputs, validations & exceptions, outputs and error processing. The candidate will know how to document input specifications for screens or files, describe changes to the processing of the system in calculations, fields and participate in and documenting data mapping for integration of systems, conversion, and acquisition related projects.
- Consistently monitor functional specifications and change requests to ensure project stays within scope and meets Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Ensure that SDM (Software Development Methodology) / PMM (Project Management Methodology) process and documentation is followed.
- Assure that change requests are consistently documented, reviewed and resolved.
- Responsible for ensuring any issues that arise from testing or implementation are escalated and resolved appropriately in an efficient and timely manner. Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented, reported and resolved as required.
- Coordinate and manage the post implementation process to include but not limited to follow-up, feedback, problem resolution and also a post implementation debrief including an actual to plan for timeline and financials.
- Work with QAT (when applicable) to create, gather and organize test plan, schedule and test scripts based on functional specifications. Work with QAT (when applicable) to manage and / or execute test scripts verifying changes / enhancements work and perform as required. Act as functional or IT lead with other project team members in regard to other systems that impact project. Schedule and facilitate project team meetings, document and distribute meeting minutes as applicable.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Bank brand.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree and 4 years’ operational/business analytics experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years’ operational/business analytics experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature.
- Ability to effectively use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications. • Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
- Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms.
- Ability to understand business(es) supported and its’ terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong lateral thinking skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to coordinate between Applications and business units.
- Ability to drive project milestones and delivery dates.
- Ability to recommend and implement system solutions.
- Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project management perspective.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Strong financial background related to capital markets, payment systems and trust accounting.
- Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported.
- Mastered understanding of applications supported with an advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications.
- Good understanding of the Bank’s application framework.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Ability to multitask for various components of complex projects.
- Mastered knowledge and focus of the entire system to work on projects outside of normal BAU