Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our financial client to fill their Cobol Software Development Engineer role! This is a 6+ month contract opportunity and is onsite in Buffalo, NY. This role will be a W2 employee of Lighthouse Technology Services.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Complete and oversee the most complex systems analysis, design and development efforts. Play a key role as a leader and individual contributor on complex projects. Provide the highest level analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist the client areas and Bank in meeting their short-term business goals and long-term strategic objectives.
- Direct and monitor less experienced resources and coordinate development tasks for any scope project. Prepare and manage the technical component of project plans.
- Confer with other Development, operations staff and Technology staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
- Prepare and review test data and execute detailed test plans. Complete any required debugging.
- Evaluate and understand highly complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms.
- Prepare thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and update systems documentation. Prepare charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems. Review documentation prepared by less experienced staff.
- Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
- Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications.
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. Lead or participate in technical evaluations of vendor software.
- Follow and promote use of development standards and procedures.
- Maintain high level of technical aptitude and expert working knowledge of the supporting application(s), development environments and the supported client environment.
- Assist in developing expense and capital budgets.
- Monitor employee performance and may prepare annual appraisals.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the company brand.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities.
What You'll Need To Have:
- Candidates with Commercial Lending experience will be considered first
- Experience with supporting and developing on the AFS Level III Commercial Loans System
- Mainframe: TSO, SPF, JCL, Cobol, Easytrieve, SAS, CA7 job scheduling, Xpediter debugging environment, Panvalet, SORT and other utilities
- Ability to lead and perform requirements analysis
- General knowledge of how infrastructure works
- Database: Oracle/MSSQL/ETL
- API Development, REST API Web Services
- CI/CD: VeraCode
- Cloud Concepts: Containers, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Git, Gitlab, DevOps, YAML
- Candidate must be able to cross-functions from development/engineering to what was more historically BA functions such as facilitating meetings and communications with vendors and business partners
- Commercial Loan UAT/support etc. - CA7
Pay Range: $70-90/hr +
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com