Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Configuration Manager/Build Engineer
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 12/20/2017 2017-12-20 2018-06-28 Job ID: 978 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Required Qualifications – Configuration Manager/Build Engineer – 24763
- The candidate will specifically work to manage and execute software release builds and deployments for Web Application and Mobile, WebSphere, IIS App, Web Servers and Rest Services.
- Given the wide range of applications supported by the DIGITAL group, the candidate will also be expected to execute database updates on different platforms.
- These deployments will span Development, Certification, QA, Performance and Production environments.
- As such the candidate will be providing 24 hour daily technical support to all development teams.
- The candidate is expected to work closely with the development teams who manage UI, middleware, and back-end code.
- The candidate is also expected to provide some knowledge of TFS and GIT/Stash support for all different code sets across the DIGITAL group.
- Experience in build automation using PowerShell, Jenkins and Perl is a must.
- Candidate must have through understanding of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and the Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC).
- This position will report to a DevOps Lead, who will coordinate with various teams in DIGITAL group to execute on the delivery approach to meet multiple concurrent project delivery needs.
- For New applications, work with development to get the requirements of application build and deployment process.
- Once the process KT is complete from development team, build engineer role is to write, build and deploy scripts according to SCM team standards and processes to Development, Certification, QA, Performance and Production environments.
- Build engineer is required to perform smoke tests for the applications deployed and troubleshoot the application for the issues that arise as part of the smoke test process. Post-deployment automation knowledge is necessary.
- Build engineer is expected to learn the architecture of all the applications to help support and troubleshoot any issues that are escalated.
- Build engineer needs to periodically analyze the hardware and software capacities of build infrastructure and provide appropriate recommendation to the management team for improvements and immediate attention.
- Develop exposure to .NET, Java, Mobile (Xcode, Android Studio), uploads to appstore
- Experience with Ant, nAnt, Jenkins, Powershell and Perl for script automation
- TFS and Git experience • Knowledge base on Websphere, Weblogic Application Servers
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Jira, and confluence
- Experience with Db2, Oracle and SQL databases preferred