Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Buffalo, NY | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 10/06/2017 2017-10-06 Job ID: 903 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Job Requirement: Data Analyst – R24384
- Acting as a key resource in standing up the new version of Informatica and defining the processes for business glossary usage and data lineage while working with the Data Governance team to ensure alignment to current processes and procedures
- Participating in standing up the Hadoop environment with a focus on Data Governance
- Assisting in operationalizing the EPIC Project with a focus on Data Governance (Allowing business users to define metadata while ensuring data is accurate and timely)
- Authoring new data project requirement documentation or reviewing existing business project documentation for data needs and providing feedback
- Understanding the location and contents of the data within the warehouse
- Facilitating User Acceptance Testing of changes to data entering or leaving the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Meeting with consumers of the Bank’s data to elicit requirements, ensuring a thorough understanding of data needs
- Determining systems of record with the assistance of appropriate source system experts
- Assisting Technology data analysts with data mapping by analyzing existing source system data
- Testing of data acquisition processes and their implementation into production
- Acting as a data advisor on departmental and business area projects of various size
- Mentoring junior members of the department
- Performing other related assignments as requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in data analysis, business analysis, data requirements elicitation or any combination of experience which would provide an equivalent background, or in lieu of a degree 8+ years of professional experience working in a data environment.
- Ability to write moderately complex SQL queries and navigate through large relational databases.
- Understanding of data normalization purposes and techniques.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel for data analysis purposes.
- Ability to understand business terminology.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical terms to non-technical customers.
- Ability to multitask components for projects of varying size.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Time management skills with the ability to recognize project milestones and delivery dates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organizational skill required.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems (e.g. Hogan, AFS, SHAW) and/or experience in Bank business areas (e.g. Finance, Commercial, Retail, WISD, Operations).
- Understanding of Data Warehousing architectures.
- Data mapping experience in relational databases, using Primary and Foreign Keys.
- Technical understanding of Teradata tools and/or Business Intelligence tools and concepts.
- Advanced SQL script writing skills.