Wilmington, DE 19801 | Contract - 12 month
Job Requirement: Database Administrator/SQL – R24370
- Will be required to be on-site full time for the duration of the project. Local candidates would be preferred.
- Skills Required: Microsoft SQL Server DB
- Responsible for maintenance of application databases on a computerized database management system.
- Evaluates client requirements and processes. Performs day to day troubleshooting and support activities.
- Implements enhancements to existing databases.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and support for enterprise class database management systems.
- Implements application databases, sets up database backup and recovery, data integrity procedures, space management strategies, and security. Creates database application designs that adhere to the database standards and procedures. Documents all implementation work.
- Participates with application developers and operations staff in the database installation, development and testing phases of assigned projects.
- Implements Disaster Recovery Backup processes and conducts Disaster Recovery testing.
- Effectively uses database utility, monitoring and tuning tools.
- Provides consulting support to application teams that use enterprise class databases.
- Monitors database performance and responds to service calls for database related problems.
- Identifies and provides resolutions for basic to complex service-related problems and accurately documents outages, anomalies and fixes.
- Works with Infrastructure personnel to install and test new versions of or patches to the Database
- Keeps abreast of new database related technology and products.
Nature and Scope
- The incumbent works under the supervision of the Technical Team Leader or Systems Manager.
- The incumbent must be able to manage most of his/her own projects, and work under the direction of a more senior Database Administrator or Team Lead for large projects.
- The incumbent may manage the activities of others on small to medium projects.
- The position is responsible for ensuring open lines of communication between developers and the Database Administration team and between the Database Administration team and the Technology
Infrastructure support areas.
- The incumbent must respond to information requests quickly and consistently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Services or related discipline or Two year college degree with additional experience.
- Four or more years Information Systems experience.
- Three or more years Database Administration experience in SQL Server in general. Needs good working knowledge of versions 2008R2 and 2012. Newer versions a plus.
- Requires a basic knowledge of the system development life cycle and its interaction with database development.
- Has medium to strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database management systems.
- Has strong knowledge of physical database design and performance monitoring tools.
- Has strong knowledge of the operating system upon which the database is installed.
- Has a general understanding of personal desktop computers.
- Understands how to use Office Suite products for word processing and spreadsheets.
Other Job Information
- Very good oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to the target audience.
- Able to work effectively with client personnel in various organizational positions, IT managers and staff.
- Detail oriented, uses sound judgment and is self motivated.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in support of various assignments.
Capable of learning new technical skills.