Job Number: 1074778
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our client to add a DevOps Engineer to their team! This is a direct hire opportunity, on-site in Buffalo, New York.
Primary responsibilities will be to Linux administration and Kubernetes/Docker cluster management in Windows and Linux environment. The candidate must have strong abilities to analyze and evaluate technical issues, recommend solutions, support the development of strategic plans and lead various projects to improve IT infrastructure, increase network security and functionality to meet business objectives.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the corporate Information Systems (IS)
- Technical experience and ability to configure and manage Linux (Red Hat, CentOS) and Windows information systems in a secure networked environment
- Ensure systems are configured, operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established security policies, plans and procedures
- Ensure system audit records are collected and analyzed in accordance with policies and procedures
- Aid in the management (configure, document, and maintain) a development Kubernetes/Docker cluster
- Be familiar with Linux/Unix development tools (compilers, debuggers, etc.), and writing simple shell scripts
- Conduct periodic network, system, and application vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and remediation
- Maintain a working knowledge of information system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Prepare for and participate in periodic compliance assessments and inspections
- Ensure account management and configuration documentation is complete, maintained and reviewed on a periodic basis (change tracking, maintenance logs, etc.)
- Collaborate with management to assess short and long-term IT and business needs
- Document technical details regarding the development and sustainment of corporate IS
- Assist with the creation and management of IS policies, procedures, training, and awareness.
What You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong Linux administration/configuration capability and troubleshooting
- Virtualization experience such as VMware or experience in data center architectures (servers, networking, storage, physical hardware, virtualization, etc.)
- Experience in administration of software container deployment technologies (Kubernetes. Docker, Podman)
- Familiar with Linux Endpoint Management tools (Ansible, RHEL Satellite, Puppet, etc)
- Experience in administration of SCM tools (Bitbucket) and artifact repos (Artifactory) a plus
- Knowledge and experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.) a plus
- Working knowledge of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-171 and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) a plus
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, build relationships, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work extended hours for system support and maintenance if required
- Possess a DoD 8570.01-M IAM II baseline certification or be able to obtain one within 6 months
- Current DoD security clearance or eligibility to obtain a clearance is required
- 401(k) – No Waiting Period. 100% Vested on date of hire.
- 3% company contribution in the first year of employment, company contribution increases over time. Employee is not required to contribute to the plan to receive the contribution.
- Health Insurance – No Waiting Period – competitive costs.
- Dental, Vision Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for employees and dependents.
- Life Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for the employee.
- Generous paid time off, unlimited sick time and 9 paid holidays
- Free beverages and stocked beverage refrigerators for employees
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com