Head of Enterprise Integration Systems
Buffalo, NY Buffalo, NY 14201
LHTS is seeking a senior level executive to provide leadership as the Head of Enterprise Integration Services. The Head of Enterprise Integration Services drives strategy and execution of the Application Program Interface (API) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) capability and utilization across the enterprise.
Areas Of Focus For This Role Include:
- API Gateway deployment for internal and external integration
- Implementation and governance of REST and SOAP API model, format, configuration, provisioning, and consumption by application systems
- Interactions with Business Partner Owners to determine high priority, re-useable services and help define the value-stream created with expanded use of the API economy
- Develop a strategy and roadmap identifying critical capabilities required for the organization facilitating consistent and optimized processes for authentication, customer data retrieval/updates, transaction processing functionality, along with other services as identified and prioritized
- Creation of internally developed technology solutions that are provisioned, moderated,and consumed for internal and external application environments as a required
- Directing a team of approximately 50+ resources comprised primarily of core technologists (Analysts, Configuration Management, Developers and the like).
- Core vendor products under the management for this role include (but are not limited to):
- API Gateway
- - Enterprise Service Bus
- - Business Rules Engine - Microsoft .Net and Java
- - Operational Search and Monitoring Tools
- Oversee the Technology Enterprise Integration Services strategy and solution delivery for the organization supporting high-value, re-useable, reliable, scalable and secure service solutions to meet business needs and support our overall technology strategy
- Provide leadership to the planning, evaluation, and design of solutions to ensure our Enterprise API products provide highly effective integration capabilities, compliant with enterprise standards, and align with business & technology strategies
- Manage completion of key initiatives and prioritized product backlog feature/functions
- Collaborate with business leaders, IT professionals, vendors, and external partners
- Strong attention to the bank’s business plan and strategic objectives in order to shape direction
- Lead team of Application Software Engineers
- Technology leader – brings progressive and forward-thinking ideas to drive organization forward
- Strong understanding of the banking business environment and needs of supported internal clients highly desired.
- Strategic & Participatory leadership style
- Experience Managing Application Program Interface and Enterprise Service Bus Environments
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong Delivery Management, Problem-Solving and Analytical skills.
- Asserts ideas and gain support and commitment from others.
- Understands technical, business and operational impacts of initiative or problem.
YEAR ONE SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Develop, articulate and communicate an assessment of the Enterprise Integration Services to properly define a strategy in alignment with business objectives at the corporate and business segment levels.
- Develop an API roadmap to strategically expand and evolve the use of enterprise services for internal utilization by our application systems, and assess external publishing and usage opportunities that would progress integration and interfacing with customers and third party entities.
- Create and implement a staffing and talent improvement program that reduces reliance on contingent labor, expands the internal expertise of the EIS department, and builds an organization that functions as an extremely responsive, agile, energized, and highly motivated team.
- Prioritize enterprise service and business micro-service investments in conjunction with business needs and requirements to maximize impact; bring an industry view on how to create competitive differentiation through an effective integration strategy, and provide new product development through customer/business insights and value-added interface capabilities.
- Provide leadership and deliver scalable integration solutions to ensure the achievement of individual and bank-wide goals.
- Associates’ degree and a minimum of 12 years’ technology management or large program leadership experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 14 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 12 years’ technology management or large program leadership experience.
- Previous experience managing an Enterprise Integration Service department
- Minimum of 8 years’ managerial or leadership experience
- Experience managing across functional and organizational lines
- Experience with large system enhancements, conversions and production problem resolution
- Complete understanding of the system development life cycle in banking industry
- Familiarity with application development support software and hardware platforms
- Experience engineering and maintaining critical real-time processing applications that are delivered for enterprise utilization
- Advanced knowledge of banking enterprise architecture, application framework and businesses supported
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Prior experience encouraging team work and serving as role model when leading and directing others
- Understanding of technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem
- Prior experience presenting to senior management
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/related field
Direct Hire - Full Time Senior Leadership