Hyperion Software Engineer
Buffalo, NY Buffalo, NY 14201
LHTS is seeking a Hyperion Software Engineer to assist with the the creation, design, development, customization, implementation and testing of the Oracle EPM Hyperion suite of products.
- Provides designs and specifies information systems solutions to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements.
- Evaluates client requirements and processes, develops and prepares application environments which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Supports budgeting activities such as Annual budgets, forecasts
- Participate in a full lifecycle development in a Hyperion Planning environment including design, development, and maintenance of Essbase databases
- Process/technical optimization of Hyperion Planning and Essbase based processes
- Proactively anticipates application issues before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
- SSIS Package development
- Microsoft Server administration
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production where necessary.
- Adheres to Application Engineering methodologies, standards, code reviews.
- Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate.
- Provide basic to complex systems analysis, design and development.
- Play a key role as an individual contributor on complex projects.
- Assist clients in addressing problems/issues of any scope.
- Determine feasible solutions and make recommendations.
- Direct junior resources and coordinate systems development tasks on small to medium scope efforts or on specific phases of larger projects.
- May project manage small to medium scope efforts.
- Participate with other development staff, operations staff and IT staff, as appropriate, in overall system and integrated testing on small to medium scope efforts or on specific phases of larger projects.
- Prepare test data and executes detailed test plans.
- Administer any required debugging.
- Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among programs and interfacing applications.
- Utilize available resources to develop clear and complete technical and functional specifications for small to medium scope efforts
- Review documentation prepared by more junior development staff.
- Update systems documentation.
- Prepare charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems.
- May assist in the supervision and preparation of logic flowcharts.
- Prepare assessments and task plans to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for assignments.
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies.
- Provide consultation services to clients, technicians and Bank departments on basic to intricate functions of supported applications, including the review of system capabilities, operational procedures, forms, marketing materials or cost analysis.
- Complete other related duties as required, which may include participating in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis, vendor analysis or business study activities.
- Follow and promote the use of development standards and procedures.
- Maintain very good working knowledge of the supporting application(s), development environments and the supported client environment.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Completes day to day support activities and special projects.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of 4 years’ systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 6 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years’ systems analysis/application development experience
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages
- Ability to work on multiple projects of a moderately complex to complex nature
- Prior experience effectively using project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Strong problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Familiar with application development software and hardware problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong lateral thinking skills
- Proven presentation skills
- Prior experience coordinating between Applications and business units
- Prior experience driving project milestones and delivery dates
- Prior experience recommending and implementing systems solutions
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
- Prior experience with version 11.1.2.x Oracle EPM
- Strong knowledge of Essbase and Calc Scripts/Calc Manager.
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, debugging, documenting, and implementing applications.
- Knowledge of following programming languages - C#/VB .net, Jython , SQL
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Database
- Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported
- Proven understanding of applications supported with a sound knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
- Understanding of the Bank’s application framework
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Ability to multitask for various components of moderately complex to complex projects
- Action-oriented and pro-active
- Ability to understand business supported and its’ terminology
Direct Hire - Full Time