Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our client to fill their IT Business Analyst (Financial Systems) role! This is a 6 month contract-to-hire position. The selected candidate must be able to work on-site 2 days/week in Mississauga or London, Ontario.
Your role involves understanding, gathering, and documenting the business requirements related to Business System applications, focusing on Anaplan. You will work closely with the business units to gain an in-depth understanding of the customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap, and the context in which the business operates. As a technology team member, you will closely collaborate with the developers to implement the requirements and serve as a liaison to ensure proper understanding/communication between the development team and the business units.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Serve as a liaison between the business and the development team to gather, analyze, and translate business requirements into functional specifications for Financial and other Business systems.
- Analyze and document existing business processes, workflows, and systems to identify risks and improvement opportunities.
- Ensure Anaplan Canadian models align with best practices outlined and defined by the Technical Delivery Team for North America.
- Oversee technical activities related to Anaplan model building, ensuring timely completion and that code is accurately delivered.
- Actively participate in the creation of test plans/scripts (QA, UAT), aid with the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and execute Quality Assurance (QA) tests.
- Identify, create, and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis.
- Collaborate with project managers, developers, cross-functional teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
- Conduct end-user training sessions to educate users on effectively using and maximizing the benefits of UKG HR and Anaplan software packages.
- Assist in Master Data activities such as cleansing, migration and integration, ensuring seamless data flow between systems.
- Stay current on the latest software revisions and feature releases for Anaplan.
- Provide elevated Tier 2 & 3 support for end-users, including troubleshooting and answering system-related queries.
What You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Business Administration, or a related field. Relevant certifications and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven experience of five or more years with corporate finance.
- Solid understanding of Income Statement Accounting, Historical, Weekly, Period and % based budgeting and contract management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand complex business processes and translate them into functional specifications.
- Strong experience with Anaplan
Experience with JD Edwards V9
- SAP S4 HANA experience is preferred and is considered an asset.
- Exposure with Agile-Scrum methodology and JIRA Tracking software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Exposure to cloud-based architecture (AWS, Azure, Power apps) is considered an asset.
- Exposure with writing/executing SQL statements is considered an asset.
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com