Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract - 6 months
Post Date: 05/04/2018 2018-05-04 2018-08-02 Job ID: 1091 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Required Qualifications – Middleware Engineering
- Able to provide deep technical knowledge across multiple platforms and products at least in IBM WAS/Liberty, WP, IHS.
- Responsible for providing SME deep technical knowledge to Infrastructure and Business teams
- Provide technical product oversight on all Middleware functions. For example, but not limited to, security vulnerability management, implementation standards, automation for installation, configuration and patch management, estate management, technical support, product roadmaps etc.
- Able to understand architecture of systems and recommend design and implementation patterns.
- Be able to deliver within timelines and using precise forecasting and planning of work.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on requirement collection and engineering solution rollouts.
- Manage projects using devops methodologies as well as traditional approaches.
- Communicate strategy and ensure management, stakeholders and other interested parties are up to date on status.
- Manage project delays and escalations to keep project on track.
- Listen to the internal global community and adapt engineering strategy where possible to accommodate requests.
- Actively work with 3rd party vendors and lab advocates to discuss complex product issues and features. Engage in and manage product evaluations.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Deep product technical knowledge of IBM Middleware products – 5-10 years extensive and specialized technical experience in IBM WAS, WP, IHS on distributed platforms, ideally certified.
- Recognized as an expert in Web technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels through a variety of mediums both verbally and written.
- Be familiar with product security vulnerability management. Plan and manage their impact and remediation, communicating to a global audience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and implement Web technology on multiple platforms.
- Experience with working with 3rd party vendors, on operational issues as well as strategy and POC initiatives (familiarity with product evaluations essential).
- Strong Unix/Linux skills.
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of delivering complex global technical projects on time and within budget.
- Strong leadership skill and a good team player, with the ability to virtually manage and coordinate resources across multiple countries.
- Experience working within large global enterprise IT environments.
- Be able to work in a dynamic, global, 24 x 7 environment.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as GITHub, Confluence, and Jira
- Demonstrate analytical and problem management skills to drive the resolution and prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure deliverables are met on time and to high levels of quality.
- Identify & manage operational risks and contribute to mitigate the same.
- Understand the set objectives and work collaboratively with the team to achieve organizational goals.
- Understanding of Puppet/Ansible/HPSA products for end point management and application deployment across a large infrastructure.
- Knowledge of monitoring and alerting tools (CA Wily/Introscope) would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, Pivotal Cloud Foundry also beneficial.
- Candidate should ready for 24x7 production support and flexible to work on weekends.
- Ability to handle Crisis calls, Incident Reviews