Job Number: 1074772
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our client to add a Network Engineer to their team! This is a direct hire opportunity, on-site in Buffalo, New York.
Primary responsibilities will be to develop, design, implement, oversee, and maintain corporate Information Technology (IT) networks, firewalls, security appliances in a mixed Windows and Linux environment. The candidate must analyze and evaluate technical issues, recommend, and develop strategic plans and lead various projects to improve IT infrastructure, increase network security and functionality to meet business objectives.
As a key member of the IT team, the Network Engineer will:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the corporate Information Systems (IS)
- Test IS security and integrity, implement designs, and other processes related to network and security infrastructure
- Collaborate with management to assess short and long-term IT and business needs
- Provide training, support and consultation to all other IT staff and employees
- Document technical details regarding the development and sustainment of corporate IS
- Assist with the creation and management of IS policies, procedures, training and awareness.
- Plan, lead and support various IT, security and facilities related projects
What You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related preferred
- Cisco CCNA or related certification preferred
- Knowledge of Fortinet Firewalls
- Fortinet NSE certification a plus
- Three or more years of experience in various industry standards and Cisco enterprise networking
- Must have protocol-level understanding of Switching technologies – VLAN, STP (all types), LACP, ACL, segmentation (VSS), spine-leaf architecture
- Working knowledge of web application firewalls, load balancers and proxies
- Expert knowledge of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
- Linux system management & scripting capability preferred
- Knowledge and experience with analyzing packet captures & protocol analysis and proficiency with tools to collect network statistics utilizing protocols (SNMP, NetFlow, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, common protocols, and standards
- Must have working knowledge of 802.1x, firewalls, security policies, access lists.
- Handle software upgrades and device maintenance
- Virtualization experience such as VMware or experience in data center architectures (servers, networking, storage, physical hardware, virtualization, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-171 and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) a plus
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, build relationships, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work extended hours for system support and maintenance if required
- Current DoD security clearance or eligibility for a clearance
- 401(k) – No Waiting Period. 100% Vested on date of hire.
- 3% company contribution in the first year of employment, company contribution increases over time. Employee is not required to contribute to the plan to receive the contribution.
- Health Insurance – No Waiting Period – competitive costs.
- Dental, Vision Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for employees and dependents.
- Life Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for the employee.
- Generous paid time off, unlimited sick time and 9 paid holidays
- Free beverages and stocked beverage refrigerators for employees
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com