Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 05/02/2018 2018-05-02 2018-07-31 Job ID: 1089 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Required Qualifications: Oracle DBA – 25204
- Oracle DBA Job Description: Opportunity Responsible for all activities related to the administration of a computerized database management system. Provides database upgrade assistance, migrating Oracle databases to 12c. Performs day to day troubleshooting and support activities. Develops new databases and implements enhancements to existing databases.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Responsible for the evaluation of existing application databases, installation, upgrade, and post production support for enterprise class database management systems. Effectively uses database utility, monitoring and tuning tools. Uses Oracle data replication tools to develop database level back out plans for production implementations.
- Provides consulting support to application teams that use enterprise class databases. Provide application database new builds, project support and rollout to production. Will be a team member involved with the upgrade of Oracle databases for multiple applications. Works in concert with other Database Administrators under the supervision of a project manager and/or Technical Manager. Administrators on adherence to database standards, procedures and best practices.
Nature and Scope
- The incumbent works under the supervision of the Technical Team Leader or Systems Manager. The incumbent must be able to manage his/her own project work, and work independently with minor technical supervision. The position is responsible for ensuring open lines of communication between the DBAs, project managers and team leadership. The incumbent must respond to information requests quickly and consistently.
- The incumbent can manage multiple upgrades concurrently. The incumbent is process oriented with an attention for detail. Supervisory Responsibility None
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Services or related discipline and four years Information Systems experience or in lieu of a degree at least eight years Information Systems experience. Four years Oracle Database Administration experience with Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c. Requires a thorough knowledge of the system development life cycle and its interaction with database development.
- Has strong knowledge of one or more database management systems including Oracle. Has good knowledge of physical database design, performance monitoring tools and SQL. Has good knowledge of AIX and/or Linux operating systems. Has experience with Oracle 11g or 12c, OEM, AVAMAR/DDBOOST, RMAN, CRON, Data Guard, Fast Start Failover, Golden Gate, Disaster Recovery and ASM based file systems. Has a general understanding of personal desktop computers. Understands how to use Office Suite products for word processing and spreadsheets.
- Other Job Information Has good business analysis skills and a general understanding of one or more subject areas of the bank. Very good oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to the target audience. Able to work effectively with-It managers and staff. Detail oriented, uses sound judgment and is self-motivated. Excellent analytical and time management skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks in support of various assignments.