*Remote Contract Opportunity*
Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our financial client to fill their Performance Tuning DBA role! This is a 6+ month contract opportunity and can be remote in the United States. This role will be a W2 employee of Lighthouse Technology Services during the contract period.
Provides Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) support to applications supported by assigned department. Works with Application Teams, Team Leads and other Database Administrators to design and specify RDBMS solutions based on standard offerings to support development of new or enhancements of existing applications. Serves as principal RDBMS solution designer for small to large/complex (size/risk) application projects, including business critical applications, using analytical skills, technical skills, available technology and tools. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for RDBMS-related initiatives, discretionary projects, compliance/regulatory requirements and system changes for Application Database Services (ADBS) supported applications and department-wide initiatives.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide technical leadership.
- Complete and oversee basic to complex database analysis, design and development efforts.
- Develop plans for database implementation, data source integration and data archiving and recovery.
- Manage, direct, oversee and/or review execution of small to large size/risk project plans on assigned applications and ensure complete understanding of tasks and dependencies and mitigation of issues.
- Contribute to advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state-of-the-art technical or industry knowledge.
- Maintain a strong functional understanding of supported applications. Maintain a current understanding of the business environment supported to provide expert guidance for technical, business and operational impacts associated with a project or production problem.
- Recommend RDBMS designs based on business requirements, technology roadmap, RDBMS functionality, knowledge of interfacing technology and clear understanding of customer expectations.
- Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among RDBMS, interfacing applications and operating systems.
- Provide highly analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of database technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives.
- Prepare thorough and clear technical specifications, and update systems, standards and RDBMS process documentation.
- Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for small to large size/risk scope project.
- Build positive client relationships by addressing client needs in a manner that safeguards their business and customers, with minimal complexity, risks and costs.
- Build rapport within the organization and across other technical teams.
- Assist with coordination of annual disaster recovery exercises and remediate issues.
- Assist others on project execution and production support for all applications and project sizes.
- Work with internal and external application and technology stakeholders to review status of initiatives, compliance/regulatory changes, planned or potential vendor changes and contractual and/or system maintenance changes.
- Ensure identification and resolution of issues and concerns related to discretionary enhancement requests, application reliability changes and/or production problem resolution.
- Identify new technology that increases technical support efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide functional feedback to internal application owners and technology stakeholders on current or proposed RDBMS to extent it supports predefined business needs.
- Identify performance and effectiveness enhancement opportunities and recommend new policies and procedures that support improvement.
- Participate in ADBS Center of Excellence teams goals and deliverables.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
What You'll Need to Have:
- Associates degree and 6 years RDBMS experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years RDBMS experience.
- Proficiency with RDBMS tools and functions.
- Prior experience working on multiple small to large projects of low to high complexity.
- Experience working with large system and RDBMS enhancements, conversions and production problem resolution.
- Experience working with others to connect disparate ideas into cohesive solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Bank applications, framework, business needs and RDBMS direction and framework.
- Capable of mentoring and leading RDBMS project analysis, design, development, troubleshooting and tuning efforts.
- Mastery level understanding of single RDBMS skills, tools and functions with strong knowledge of operating systems.
- Previous experience in banking RDBMS support.
- CAPPM experience.
- Ability to understand businesses supported and their terminology.
- Ability to encourage team work and serve as role model.
- Ability to understand technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem.
Pay Range: $60-75/hr +
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com