Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Platform Support Engineer
Buffalo, NY | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 10/11/2017 2017-10-11 Job ID: 904 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Job Requirement: Platform Support Engineer – 24380
- Basic Function: Applies high level technical and specialized platform support skills and expertise to complex business systems projects and problems of particular difficulty and importance.
- Conceive designs, implements platforms and sites to support business systems software. Part of a team that supports a diverse set of critical applications using a wide variety of technologies for internal and external clients.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Plays key role as an individual contributor on large and complex projects
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates, complex projects or phases of large projects by estimating work effort and resource needs
- Participates in platform and system design efforts with others involved in the planning and development of programming and/or deploying business systems software
- Works with vendors to understand system features and requirements, work with support resources to define and design infrastructure components or interactions toward implementing platforms to support business and technology roadmaps
- Ensures that work is processed on schedule
- Leverages automation and scripting to deploy and manage software systems and web sites.
- Strong scripting skills or experience with software development is a plus
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 4 years of professional experience
- 4 years of work experience in systems analysis, application development, or platform support
- Knowledge of configuration, administration and maintenance tasks for Windows, Linux servers
- Knowledge of setup, configuration, administration and maintenance tasks HTTP Services (IIS, HIS, Apache)
- Knowledge of the technologies our platforms and services interact with - Networking, Active Directory, Firewall, Network Load Balancer, SAN, DNS, ESB, MQ Series, Mainframe
- Experience with system design for high availability multi-server multi-site environments
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Strong organizational skills to support multiple platforms
- Strong oral and written communications skills and ability to work as a team required.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with IBM products - WebSphere, FileNet, BPM, MobileFirst, Content Collector, eDiscovery Manager
- Knowledge of setup, configuration, administration and maintenance tasks for Java base middleware (WebSphere, ColdFusion, BPM, FileNet)
- Experience deploying technologies in multiple environment tiers (development, test, certification, production, and DR) to support business partners and internal/external clients through all phases of the application development and deployment life cycle
- Working knowledge of MS SQL