Job Number: 1075352
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our financial client to fill their Senior Project Manager role! This is a 6 month contract position (with possible extensions). This is a hybrid role in Buffalo, New York.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead and direct high priority projects impacting three or more businesses or functions, or most complex projects affecting multiple businesses or functional areas, often requiring considerable resources and high levels of functional integration from initiation to close. Ensure familiarity with scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members. Projects may be of a technical and/or non-technical nature.
- Develop Project Plan, forecast and schedule. Work with stakeholders to record detailed project requirements, constraints and assumptions to establish project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g. planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Ensure plans for assigned projects include work breakdown, project organization chart, cost/budget and communication, risk, quality and resource plans.
- Communicate project plans to affected parties to ensure a common understanding, set expectations and align stakeholders and project team members.
- Ensure execution of tasks defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals. Execute all parts of the project plan and manage the budget/forecast. Monitor and control project work including change controls.
- Measure project performance utilizing appropriate tools and techniques to monitor progress; identify and quantify variances, complete any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events.
- Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency and boost morale.
- Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and responsibility of each team member, to effectively coordinate team activities.
- May exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
What You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 6 years proven project management experience,
- OR in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 10 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years proven project management experience.
- Logistical experience.
- Willing to be onsite 3 days per week - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Jira/confluence experience (Agile).