Quality Control Analyst
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Required Qualifications – Quality Control Analyst – 24849
Skills Required: Quality Assurance and Control, Test Environment Setup
- Collaborate with peers, external vendors, functional and technical experts to develop reusable system test strategies, plans, and scripts.
- Analyze manual test cases and functional specifications to determine best approach for the development of automated testing and reporting; ensure that all test plans promote reusability between initiatives.
- Track quality data from all sources (development processes, testing defects, production incidents) and analyze for trends and recurring problems. Make recommendations and follow up with technology and process owners to minimize the progression of defects through all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC). Validate the corrective action to ensure that such action is effective.
- Act as a test lead, responsible for various system testing activities including: attending project meetings, reviewing test plan documentation, assisting in the creation and execution of test cases, and defect tracking, and scheduling and facilitating related test sessions/meetings.
Nature and Scope:
- Possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the test life cycle, providing the ability to work on projects outside of the normal business-as-usual.
- Assert ideas, encourage teamwork, and act as a role model within the organization.
- Work with limited supervision when special situations require advice or joint problem-solving effort. May be called upon to serve as a system-testing representative on committees, ad-hoc project teams, etc. •
Frequent and repetitive hand movements, including grasping, squeezing, and pulling. Ability to lift to 10 pounds occasionally.
- bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related field or six to eight years of experience collaborating
with software engineers in medium to large organizations for the development of test plans.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Solid PC skills with a thorough knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Technical understanding of system interfaces (networking layers, experience with validation of n-tier systems.)
- Coding ability to write automated testing scripts in any high-level computer language. (E.g. PowerShell, Windows BAT files, AutoIt.)
- Strong technical writing skills. Write effective test documentation for audit requirements. Strong communication skills. Interact across different functional units and levels of management.
- Good understanding of and experience with the application/system(s) being supported with working troubleshooting knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications. Windows, Microsoft SQL databases, web services, Internet Explorer.
- Experience with HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM)/Quality Center and Micro Focus’s Unified Functional Testing automated test tools
- Good understanding of Combined Project Methodology, Sarbanes-Oxley Act where applicable.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, be a thought leader – challenge assumptions, ask critical questions, have the confidence to make changes