Job Number: 1014875
Pay Rate: negotiable
Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our client to fill their Operational Technology Security Engineer position! This is a direct hire opportunity in Buffalo, NY. As a member of the team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with operational stakeholders to apply current system security engineering methods, practices and technologies to the architecture, design, development, evaluation and integration of operational technology (OT) systems and networks to maintain appropriate security and risk mitigation.
- Apply and maintain security policies to ensure appropriate governance over the OT information security program, including building, operational plans, at the tactical, operational and strategic level.
- Track, categorize and catalog known exceptions to the OT information security control environment and ensure compensating practices are implemented
- Leverage industry leading frameworks and methodologies to ensure consistency and cross-industry alignment with best practices
- Deploy cybersecurity automation tools as a force-multiplier(s) in identifying, managing and dispositioning potential OT security events
- Identify and deploy machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) to proactively recognize trends and anomalies across the environment
- Participate in the incident response program for timely identification, response and remediation of OT-related information security incidents
- Assist in the development of comprehensive playbooks to ensure processes, roles and responsibilities are clearly articulated to enable a rapid response to an information security incident in the OT environment
- Employ and maintain tools and technologies that are tuned and enabling a proactive OT information security control landscape.
- Develop resiliency in OT security operations to enable ongoing processes in the event of a cyberattack
- Work with government, professional and industry groups and consortiums to ensure a diverse and well-understood approach to OT information security operations
- Engage with internal stakeholders and third-party partners to validate the OT information security program mitigates potential risk and can recover from an event at National Fuel
- Provide support and security standards for programmable logic controllers (PLC), distributed process control systems (DCS), human machine interfaces (HMI), Historian data logging and reporting, and associated instrumentation
What You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Security)
- Information Security and/or Electrical Engineering with 4-10 years of field experience
- CompTIA (Preferred)
- Experience in Controls and Automation Engineering.
- Experience in PLC programming and HMI based control systems as well as data communication and network systems.
- Proven experience in developing and leveraging metrics to enable an effective program
- Proven ability to implement end-to-end cybersecurity programs, with a strong predisposition towards execution and delivery in the IoT/OT space
- Proven ability to develop and deploy mitigation, remediation and ongoing oversight programs to address OT-related information security risks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proven technical abilities and strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Time management and multi-tasking abilities are essential to success in this position.
- Flexible hours and day travel to company facilities and project sites throughout Western NY and Northwest/Central PA.
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com