Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Senior Business Analyst
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 02/01/2018 2018-02-01 2018-05-02 Job ID: 1002 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Neogtiable
Required Qualifications – Senior Business Analyst – 24835
- Functional Specifications, System Testing Preparation/Execution Job Description: integrity and provide a risk-adverse software solution that meets business needs.
- Completes analysis of complex data specific to application fields and definitions, interfacing methods, necessary data provisions and the overall business process to ensure accurate functional design of assigned projects. Serves as mentor to less experienced staff by assisting with application training, research analysis and project methodology consultation.
- Serve as functional lead on moderately complex to complex projects for assigned applications. Provide mentoring and leadership to less experienced personnel on the project team.
- Schedule and facilitate project team meetings, and document and distribute meeting minutes as applicable to ensure all team members are informed and issues are addressed.
- Meet with internal application owners to discuss requested application changes related to enterprise-wide or business initiatives, compliance/regulatory requirements, system changes due to contractual agreements or system maintenance (business as usual [BAU]) ensuring a thorough understanding of specifications for assigned applications.
- Participate in design discussions and document and deliver required functional specifications for application changes for complex projects.
- Consult with internal application owners to identify their requirements in application look and feel to the end user and provide appropriate feedback regarding business requirements to ensure technology applications support internal/external customer needs and products/services provided by the business.
- Review business requirements with technology team to ensure understanding of project requirements.
- Coordinate and provide estimates for complex projects and complete estimates for assigned component for large projects, inclusive of timelines, application and project phases.
- Serve as subject matter expert to internal application owners and project members to consult and advise on how applications may be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, such as an acquisition or major change in products/services provided customers to ensure all facets are considered. Work with pertinent vendors and technical team to gain thorough understanding of project functionality and provide insight on implementation.
- May serve as Test Coordinator for large project initiatives involving multiple applications to ensure all testing needs are met across all interfacing applications. Participate in and document data mapping for integration of systems, conversion and acquisition related projects to understand how applications may need to change or be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, like regulatory requirements, other system enhancements or business initiatives.
- Work with other testing teams, as required by potential impacts to interfacing applications, to prepare test plans and scripts based on functional specifications.
- Work with other testing teams to manage and/or execute test scripts verifying that changes and enhancements work and preform as required. Serve as functional lead with other project team members on other systems that impact specific projects to ensure no adverse impact to other systems.
- Monitor functional specifications and change requests to ensure project stays within scope and meets regulatory requirements, while ensuring adherence to business requirements and Corporate Technology standards. Ensure the Bank process and documentation is followed to comply with Corporate Technology standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure change requests to functional specifications are consistently documented, reviewed and resolved to identify impacts to overall project plan and budget, technology, customers and clients and ensure application is working to support products and services required by the business.
- Ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues arising from testing or implementation to ensure expected performance.
- Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented, reported and resolved as required.
- Coordinate and manage post implementation follow-up related to application changes by getting feedback from application owners, resolving any issues and completing a project debrief including actual to plan for timeline, financials, achievement of project goals and assessment and mitigation of encountered issues.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management. Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Bank brand.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable. Complete other related duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- The position requires an individual with an advanced knowledge and detailed focus on the entire system to work on projects outside normal BAU.
- The position has direct interaction with internal business clients on a regular basis for complex projects. The position works independently with minimal supervision.
- The position provides guidance and training to less experienced team members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of an Associate degree and 5 years’ operational/business analytics experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years’ operational/business analytics experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature.
- Ability to effectively use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications. Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
- Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms.
- Ability to understand business(es) supported and its’ terminology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills. Strong lateral thinking skills. Proven presentation skills.
- Ability to coordinate between Applications and business units.
- Ability to drive project milestones and delivery dates. Ability to recommend and implement systems solutions. Detail-oriented.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported. Advanced understanding of applications supported with a sound knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications.
- Good understanding of the Bank’s application framework. Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously. Ability to multitask for various components of complex projects. Advanced knowledge and focus of the entire system to work on projects outside of normal BAU. Action-oriented and pro-active.