Senior Software Engineer
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Required Qualifications: Senior Software Engineer – 24871
This person will be working on integration of data - Oracle/ WebSphere is the primary skill
The manager would really like to see someone that can grow from a Tech to a Tech Lead.
Nice to have but not required: Actimize/ AML suite experience Java/ Python
- THE OPPORTUNITY Provides designs, specifies information systems solutions and the highest level technical direction in the development of new or existing applications to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Acts as a principal application designer for critical components and major modifications effectively using analytical skills, technical skills, available technology and tools in the evaluation of client requirements and processes. Provides solutions that are technologically sound. Often directs and monitors the activities of junior staff.
- Performs and oversees the most complex systems analysis, design and development efforts. Plays a key role as a leader and individual contributor on complex projects. Provides the highest level analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist the client areas and Bank in meeting their short-term business goals and long term strategic objectives. Must be able to direct and monitor junior resources, plus coordinate development tasks for any scope effort. Prepares and manages the technical component of project plans.
- Confers with other development staff, operations staff and IT staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing. Prepares and reviews test data and executes detailed test plans.
- Performs any required debugging. Evaluates and understands highly complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms. Prepares thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and updates systems documentation. Reviews documentation prepared by junior development staff. Prepares and reviews technical assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
- Maintains efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications. Recommends new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies.
- Typically, will lead technical evaluations of vendor software. Performs other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities. Follows and promotes the use of development standards and procedures.
- Maintains a high level of technical aptitude and expert working knowledge of the supporting application(s), development environments and the supported client environment. Assists in developing expense and capital budgets.