Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our client to fill their Software Engineer I position! This is a 6+ month contract opportunity with the potential for hire. This role will follow a hybrid work schedule (in office 3 days a week) in Buffalo, NY.
Provides designs and specifies information systems solutions to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Evaluates client requirements and processes, develops and prepares application environments which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Completes day-to-day support activities and special projects.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Complete basic to complex systems analysis, design and development. Play a key role as an individual contributor on complex projects. Assist the client in addressing daily problems/issues of any scope.
- Determine feasible solutions and make recommendations.
- Direct less experienced resources and coordinate systems development tasks on small to medium scope efforts or on specific phases of larger projects. May project manage small to medium scope efforts.
- Participate with other Development, operations and Technology staff, as appropriate, in overall systems and integrated testing on small to medium scope efforts or on specific phases of larger projects. Prepare test data and execute detailed test plans. Complete any required debugging.
- Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among programs and interfacing applications.
- Use available resources to develop clear and complete technical and functional specifications for small to medium scope efforts. Review documentation prepared by less experienced staff. Update systems documentation. Prepare charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems. May assist in supervision and preparation of logic flowcharts.
- Prepare assessments and task plans to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for assignments.
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies.
- Provide consultation services to clients, technicians and Bank departments on basic to intricate functions of supported applications, which may include the review of system capabilities, operational procedures, forms, marketing materials and/or cost analysis.
- Follow and promote the use of development standards and procedures.
- Maintain very good working knowledge of the supporting application(s), development environments and the supported client environment.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
What You'll Need to Have:
- Demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Oracle experience or BAE systems Watch List Manager experience preferred
- SQL skills preferred
- Familiar with application development software and hardware problems.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent project management, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a moderately complex to complex nature.
- Strong problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with prior experience presenting to the target audience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience coordinating between Applications and business units.
- Experience recommending and implementing systems solutions.
- Experience driving project milestones and delivery dates.
Pay Range: $35-50/hr +
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com