Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 03/01/2018 2018-03-01 2018-05-30 Job ID: 1026 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Required Qualifications: Software Engineer – 24905
- Applies high level technical and specialized platform support skills and expertise to complex business systems projects and problems of particular difficulty and importance.
- Conceive designs, implements platforms and sites to support business systems software.
- Part of a team that supports a diverse set of critical applications using a wide variety of technologies for internal and external clients.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Plays key role as an individual contributor on large and complex projects Plans, organizes, and coordinates, complex projects or phases of large projects by estimating work effort and resource needs
- Participates in platform and system design efforts with others involved in the planning and development of programming and/or deploying business systems software
- Works with vendors to understand system features and requirements, work with support resources to define and design infrastructure components or interactions toward implementing platforms to support business and technology roadmaps
- Ensures that work is processed on schedule
- Leverages automation and scripting to deploy and manage software systems and web sites. Strong scripting skills or experience with software development is a plus
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 4 years of professional experience
- 4 years of work experience in systems analysis, application development, or platform support Knowledge of configuration, administration and maintenance tasks for Windows, Linux servers Knowledge of setup, configuration, administration and maintenance tasks HTTP Services (IIS, HIS, Apache)
- Knowledge of the technologies our platforms and services interact with - Networking, Active Directory, Firewall, Network Load Balancer, SAN, DNS, ESB, MQ Series, Mainframe, … Experience with system design for high availability multi-server multi-site environments
- Strong troubleshooting abilities Strong organizational skills to support multiple platforms Strong oral and written communications skills and ability to work as a team required.
- Ideal Qualifications Preferred: Experience deploying technologies in multiple environment tiers (development, test, certification, production, and DR) to support business partners and internal/external clients through all phases of the application development and deployment life cycle Working knowledge of MS SQL