Lighthouse Technology Services https://www.lhtservices.com/files/2015/11/250x250.png http://www.lhtservices.com
Software Test Engineer
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Post Date: 02/08/2018 2018-02-08 2018-05-09 Job ID: 1014 Industry: IT Pay Rate: Negotiable
Required Qualifications: Software Test Engineer - 24867
- We are looking for a self-starter who is interested in taking ownership of understanding the user requirements, business workflow, and code base to translate these details into different testing paths. This will include participating in user story elaboration, developing test scenarios and test cases, and performing manual testing to validate results. This person will be skilled in development and testing disciplines to perform the required testing while identifying technical approaches to improve how we test our Product offerings such as automation or other solutions.
- The Software Test Engineer will work closely with cross-functional team members including the Product Owner, Software Engineers, and Business Analysts. Regularly communicates verbally and in writing with management on status of initiatives, in a professional and understandable manner.
- Perform test activities in a program utilizing agile methodologies within a historically waterfall environment Define and develop test automation framework leveraging open source and off-the-shelf solutions
- Analyze and verify best automated and manual test approaches and execute acceptance, integration, unit and regression testing
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components
- Document and analyze test results for communication internally and external to the team Make recommendations to improve overall quality approach Document and manage defect identification through resolution and closure
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field from an accredited university is required or has acquired core software test engineering skills and knowledge via practical experience.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Comfort with Git and/or other version control solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly an ability to negotiate, influence and gain consensus. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team. Self-motivated, results-driven and well-organized individual.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under time constraints in support of various assignments. Ability to function professionally at many different levels (clients, management and peers).
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Comfort handling test automation in a Continuous Integration Environment Experience writing performance automation scripts Hands-on Experience in both Agile and Waterfall Environments Expert at manual testing concepts, techniques and best practices
- Practical knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with test driven development
- Ability to navigate codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems
- Experience with testing APIs Comfort sharing knowledge and challenging developers to write and improve unit tests