Sr Perimeter Security Engineer- IPS, Firewall & V
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract to Hire
Required Qualifications – Sr Perimeter Security Engineer- 24906
Job Description: The Perimeter System Engineer System is responsible for architecture, design, deployment, maintenance and management of the Bank’s Enterprise IPS, Proxy, Firewall & VPN Solutions.
- 3rd level troubleshooting of issues, vendor relationship and license management, business continuity planning, capacity planning, audit /compliance, disaster recovery and platform maintenance.
- Responsible for drafting support documentation, the cross-training of operational team members and 7x24 third level support call rotation. Assist in establishing and enhancing regulatory and compliance processes. Responsible for engineering security technology solutions following all relevant best standards and practices.
- Provide technical knowledge as input into standards creation and update on an ongoing basis as products and technologies evolve.
- Complete technical security deliverables on assigned projects Responsible for working with the Project Office (project management), ensure projects are resourced correctly and from this that they meet deadlines and budgets.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with IPS, SSL VPN or Firewall technologies.
- Proven expert level experience with one or more the security engineering solutions such as SSL VPN, NGFW or IPS Strong knowledge and practical experience with Cisco FirePOWER/Sourcefire Management and Administration including; Upgrading Sensors and Appliances Upgrading/Updating FireSight Management Center Software and VRT signatures
- Creating and Deploying of Access Control Policies, Intrusion and Network Analysis Policies IPS and Snort Rule Tuning Alerting, SIEM integration and maintaining overall health and operational resilience of FirePOWER environment
- Working experience with Checkpoint next generation firewall a plus.
- Working experience with Pulse Secure SSL VPN preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP / IP networking and protocols in depth understanding of Network Ports, Network Address Translation and Access Lists. Possess utmost troubleshooting skills in the areas of security and networking. Ability to take and read packet level network traces Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP preferred Ability to create network / system diagrams with Microsoft Visio.
- Red Hat Linux administration experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel / Access and ability to analyze data a plus. Working knowledge of PowerShell or VBA scripting a plus.
- Associates Degree and 7 years of Systems Analysis experience or, in lieu of a degree, ten years of relevant experience. Minimum of seven years of experience with Firewall Technology, IPS or VPN. Working knowledge of Cisco FirePOWER Intrusion Prevention System required.