Sr. Automation Quality Control Analysts
Buffalo, NY Buffalo, NY 14201
LHTS is seeking 2 Senior Automation Quality Control Analysts for a Direct Hire position.
- Provide designs and specifies automated solutions to solve basic to complex testing needs.
- Evaluates client requirements and processes, develops and prepares automation scripts and executes automation.
- Support for functional test automation.
- Develop automation test scripts to improve functional testing capabilities of internally developed, boxed and cloud based applications.
- Execution of test scripts to support testing as required by development teams.
- Coordination and Management of new applications to be tested.
- Specify technical direction in the development of new or existing automation tools and practices.
- Act as a principal automation designer for critical components effectively using analytical skills, technical skills, available technology and tools in the evaluation of client requirements and processes.
- Provide solutions that are technologically sound.
- May also perform day to day support activities and special projects.
- Often directs and monitors the activities of junior staff.
- Assign/coordinate work of a team of approx. 3 - 5 QA Analysts in a team environment .
- Lead work on multiple projects with multiple groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Development, Business partners and testers to develop effective test strategies and plans.
- Communicate the test approach and construct/present test status to stakeholders.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure quality throughout the SDLC.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, training and employee appraisal processes.
- Assist in managing the Quality Control budget at the project and team levels.
- Assist in the development of and adherence to Quality Assurance best practices, standards and processes.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite.
- Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 6 years experience in automated functional testing.
- A minimum of 5 years’ application testing experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 9 years’ higher education and/or work experience , or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1 year leadership experience
Understanding of various test approaches, including white box, black box, load testing and regression testing
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of QA processes and methodology
- Ability to excel in a rapidly changing environment under aggressive timelines
- Excellent process/people/project management skills while managing multiple projects
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to persuade and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to target audience.
- Various Project Management methods, including Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience with tools such as HP ALM, Selenium, Appium, HP UFT
Software testing certification
Familiarity with Agile software development framework
Familiarity with Project Management practices
Direct Hire - Full Time