Sr. IT Project Manager
Buffalo, NY Buffalo, NY 14201 | Permanent
LHTS is seeking a Senior-level IT Project Manager to provide project coordination, leadership, and is responsible for leading AML IT Program initiatives from inception to completion. This is inclusive of development, and support projects as well as other efforts defined by SWD and the business. This individual will be responsible for planning, organizing and controlling all activities associated with assigned technical projects of varying sizes. Provide recommendations to senior management regarding type and number of resources (human, financial, tools, etc.) required to complete assigned projects. Solicit and obtain management authorization for development, documentation and implementation of new features and information processing systems as well as maintenance and support of existing application systems.
- Define the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
- Manage delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, communications, budget and risks.
- Define resource needs, responsibilities and schedules.
- Work within project controls and procedures.
- Work within established quality assurance processes.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project leadership and committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realization.
- Provide guidance and maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider program objectives.
- Adhere to project methodology always.
- Manage the full systems development life cycle of assigned projects to ensure comprehensive, timely and high-quality outcomes of assigned projects.
- Remain current on technical and professional advances and business strategies regarding area of responsibility.
- Serve as subject matter expert in area of responsibility, identifies process improvements and problem prevention, and advises management of relevant information as appropriate.
- Identify and engages all key stakeholders, contributors and business and technical resources that must participate in a project and ensure that contributors are motivated to complete assigned tasks within the parameters of the project plan.
- Create project plans using tools that facilitate task listing, assignments, tracking and modification to ensure business requirements are completely satisfied, on time and within budget.
- Manage internal and external project dependencies
- Produce executive reports on assigned project to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses.
- Facilitate regular project meetings and follows up with team members as required to focus on business and operational issues or technical issues. Document, assign and monitor all projects issues to ensure clearance with minimal impact to project progress.
- Provide regular feedback to management of project team performance.
- Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of project management policies, procedures and best practices.
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues
- Maintains internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of five to eight years’ experience in project management, with a combination of business systems development, general business exposure
- Strong verbal and written communication a must.
- Analytical, lateral thinking, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Project Management Institution (PMI) – PMP certification.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology.
- The ability to work with limited supervision, and to make decisions regarding assigned projects independently or with limited direction from management.
- Experience working with and managing globally distributed resources.
- Background in computer science to ensure an understanding of the technical development process; the ability to discuss technical issues with both technicians and business users.
- The ability to lead groups of individuals on a project basis; the ability to mediate project team conflicts; the capability to render quick, decisive actions as required by sudden crises over the course of the project;
- Ability to manage across global support teams
- Knowledge of Compliance AML and Risk Management domain preferred.
- Knowledge of Transaction Monitoring systems preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, and working knowledge of other MS Suite products