Sr. Software Tester
Buffalo, NY Buffalo, NY 14201 | Permanent
LHTS is seeking a Senior Software Tester with strong technical skills to work in a fast-paced environment with large sets of complex data in Buffalo, NY.
Works closely with the business to understand relevant business use cases that impact testing the underlying data and back-end table relationships while ensuring the front-end results are correct.
- Analyze test data to identify both happy path and negative test conditions that are relevant to the customer’s business and how the code base is changing.
- Understand multiple data sources such as EDI 867, consolidated location data, and projected data which includes how the data is processed into the Oracle tables or is created through algorithms and then represented within the suite of applications.
- Write complex SQL queries that includes joins and inner joins.
- Provide very strong technical and data analysis skills in the application of test techniques.
- Work in an Agile team environment that includes collaborating with Business Analysts, Stakeholders, Software Developers, and Software Testers.
- Create and review test plans and approaches that allow for concurrent coding and testing while ensuring that risks have been identified and resolved.
- Participate in the initial team planning that can include writing user stories, reconciling requirements, and using estimation techniques.
- Understand customer impact and key quality standards and business use cases.
- Identify and resolve different types of problems with our application to efficiently target test strategies and testing scope. Work with team members on problems to identify risks and solutions.
- Understands the underlying data, table relationships, and how to create or manipulate data to trigger desired test conditions.
- Identify and perform system, regression, and integration testing required across user stories and requirements that can include code changes from other agile teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, or equivalent education/experience providing a foundation in logically thinking through a problem.
- 3+ years of significant data experience with the demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Strong problem-solving skills in working through business work-flow and processes.
- Good working knowledge of relational databases and writing SQL queries (joins, updates).
- Acquainted with producing or altering sample data to trigger specific test conditions.
- Working experience in an Agile framework (e.g. SCRUM, Kanban), helpful.