Buffalo NY Buffalo, NY
Lighthouse is working with one of our clients in Buffalo, NY to hire a Systems Engineer. This role is a 6-12 month contract with the opportunity for contract to hire.
Experience in several of the following areas:
• Proficient with Microsoft Server 2019/2016/2012/2008
• Proficient with Microsoft Windows 10
• Proficient in Microsoft Active Directory
• Proficient with Exchange and or Microsoft O365
• Proficient with PowerShell and scripting a plus
• Experience with VMware ESXi
• Experience with Firewall Management (Cisco, Meraki)
• Experience with Linux Infrastructure (RedHat/CentOS 6/7/8)
• Experience with Storage solutions and infrastructure
• Experience with AWS a plus
• Experience with SQL a plus Experience with SQL a plus
• Experience with cisco USC preferred
• Experience with PCI, SOX, and HIPPA compliances a plus
• Expert troubleshooting skills in advanced Microsoft systems including Cert troubleshooting.
• 7-10 years’ experience in a similar role
• Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
• MCSE or Azure Administrator Certification a plus
• Provide an in-depth understanding of computer software, hardware, and networks.
• Responsible for troubleshooting, upgrading, and managing server and data storage software and hardware.
• Maintains operating systems, business applications, security tools, servers, email, installing, specifying system requirements, and maintaining network users, user environment, directories, and security.
• Oversees system performance and troubleshooting issues.
• Must be focused on security and compliance
• Able to keep a positive attitude, even in high stress environments
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be thorough in projects and tasks assigned
• Must have the desire to learn and gain knowledge
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent documentation skills
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Must have reliable transportation and drivers license to travel to client sites.
• Some early mornings and weekend work required on occasion.
• Job Type: Full-time, 6-12 month contract, opportunity for contract to hire