Systems Technical Engineer
Buffalo, NY 14201 | Contract - 6 months
Required Qualifications: Systems Technical Engineer
The EUCS engineer will create, manage and maintain the standard computer Windows images for all desktops and laptops deployed in North America. The engineer will work with System Configuration and Management software tools to manage the desktop environment, including deploying scripts and software packages for unattended installations and system configurations; manage patch management; manage and report on asset tracking and hardware/software inventories; maintain application and operating system standards. The engineer will work closely with Help Desk personnel and remote technicians, and will provide upper level issue resolution as needed. The engineer will engage with various project teams to deploy software as needed to achieve project and technical goals and deadlines. This engineer will support various applications such as IBM MaaS360; TrendMicro Antivirus agents; desktop encryption solutions; desktop backup solutions; cloud storage. The engineer will work closely with Information Security to ensure the desktop computing environment is secure and compliant with and industry security standards.
Core Competencies Needed:
- Technical Skills In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems; Software deployment tools and methods; Desktop and laptop hardware; Microsoft Office 365
- Computer Image creation and update tools, methods and best practices; Ability to create custom scripts with various technologies using industry best practices
- In-depth knowledge of software packaging tools, methods and best practices
- Familiarity with Active Directory and Azure
- Understanding of change management requirements
- Expert knowledge of Configuration Management Software
- Familiarity with security best practices
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and Maintain the desktop image
- Gather desktop and image requirements from IS&T security, Program Manager, Help Desk and Field Support Teams
- Monitor and provide analysis of cloud-based workstation backup systems, Maas360/SCCM, disk encryption and desktop store
- Assure all applications that are part of the desktop are up to date, secure, and functioning within outlined parameters
- Provide reporting as requested on systems deployed and to be deployed, hardware and software inventory.
- Create scripts as required by project, security needs, software platforms and deploy to computing population.
- Based on experience and reporting make recommendations to management on changes and updates to desktop or image
- Provide analysis of existing systems, such as cloud-based backup, MaaS360, disk encryption,
- Manage security patching and software updates to the deployed desktops
Years of Experience Required: Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in Desktop Support, Windows Support, System Configuration and Management Tools Set and Image Creation and Management